Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

3 hours ago, Rob182 said:

It’s really annoying, and frankly a bit pathetic, that people seem to think that the only reason that some fans like him is because he does sliding tackles.

He’s fast, he has shown great ability in linking up attacking play, he has previously (though, in retrospect, not consistently) put in some great crosses and yes, he can also slide tackle.

Just because he’s still got a few areas of his game to work on (how many young players haven’t?), some fans think he’s utter tripe and continue to post nonsense about fans only liking him because he slide tackles.

If you’re guilty of the above, you’re no better than the blues fans who claim that all Grealish does is dive all game. :wave:

He's a decent enough player. Not utter tripe, not brilliant. Cash has been excellent since he joined, and Elmo has shown enough recently to suggest that Guilbert would be 3rd in the pecking order, plus we always have Konsa as backup as well. So it makes sense to move Guilbert on and let him get some game time. I think it's good for him and good for the club.

5 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Cash seems very weak to me. He was easily outmuscled by Jota and Robertson several times against Liverpool including door thuer first goal and even if he was fouled he took a long time to get up and forced the entire to defense to bump over which left space in the box 

He is better at attacking but he has looked quite poor defensively. He put in a couple of bad challenges at Fulham as well one of which could have been a red in my opinion. Guilbert is very good defensively and whilst people can say this and this. He was the 14th highest rated full back in the league last season our 3rd highest rated player last season and all this whilst in the 2nd worst defense in the league. I think if he played from restart we would have been even better defensively. 

Sorry we must watch different games, he really hasn't looked poor he did a really good job against one of the best forward lines in world football right now. I do rate Fred and want him as back up to Cash........but Cash is a huge upgrade I admit I was dubious having not seen him much for Forest and the price tag but totally the right decision by the club. 

• Thanks 4

12 hours ago, Rob182 said:

It’s really annoying, and frankly a bit pathetic, that people seem to think that the only reason that some fans like him is because he does sliding tackles.

He’s fast, he has shown great ability in linking up attacking play, he has previously (though, in retrospect, not consistently) put in some great crosses and yes, he can also slide tackle.

Just because he’s still got a few areas of his game to work on (how many young players haven’t?), some fans think he’s utter tripe and continue to post nonsense about fans only liking him because he slide tackles.

If you’re guilty of the above, you’re no better than the blues fans who claim that all Grealish does is dive all game. :wave:

To me I'm just not a fan of his style.

I like fullbacks who stay on their feet and have good positional awareness. You never see Cash having to make those sliding tackles, there's a reason for that, he's very rarely caught out.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Sorry we must watch different games, he really hasn't looked poor he did a really good job against one of the best forward lines in world football right now. I do rate Fred and want him as back up to Cash........but Cash is a huge upgrade I admit I was dubious having not seen him much for Forest and the price tag but totally the right decision by the club. 

People here are just blinded by their love for Guilbert and can not think rationally 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Cash seems very weak to me. He was easily outmuscled by Jota and Robertson several times against Liverpool including door thuer first goal and even if he was fouled he took a long time to get up and forced the entire to defense to bump over which left space in the box 

He is better at attacking but he has looked quite poor defensively. He put in a couple of bad challenges at Fulham as well one of which could have been a red in my opinion. Guilbert is very good defensively and whilst people can say this and this. He was the 14th highest rated full back in the league last season our 3rd highest rated player last season and all this whilst in the 2nd worst defense in the league. I think if he played from restart we would have been even better defensively. 

WTAF

• Like 3

22 hours ago, KentVillan said:

He's a decent enough player. Not utter tripe, not brilliant. Cash has been excellent since he joined, and Elmo has shown enough recently to suggest that Guilbert would be 3rd in the pecking order, plus we always have Konsa as backup as well. So it makes sense to move Guilbert on and let him get some game time. I think it's good for him and good for the club.

I’d be up for sending him on loan, but with Elmo entering his twilight years, selling Guilbert and keeping Elmo just seems short-sighted, to me.

I like our 3 options at right-back. I also wouldn’t want to use Konsa out there because he’s making that central spot his own.

• Like 3

It's funny Cash is being lauded as brilliant after just three games, he has been good and long may it continue, but if he has a couple of bad games people on here will quickly be throwing him under the bus.

Guilbert has been ok, had a few really good games, some stinkers and a lot of average games, but funnily enough so did most of our squad last season.

Elmo has experience, can occasionally put in a good cross, but really shouldn't be second choice right back.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

It's funny Cash is being lauded as brilliant after just three games, he has been good and long may it continue, but if he has a couple of bad games people on here will quickly be throwing him under the bus.

Guilbert has been ok, had a few really good games, some stinkers and a lot of average games, but funnily enough so did most of our squad last season.

Elmo has experience, can occasionally put in a good cross, but really shouldn't be second choice right back.

Smith and Terry would disagree with you.

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Smith never seemed to have rated him, I think he saw him as a championship player to be honest when we bought in January in the promotion season. I think he will be sold  or loaned out in January.

Coaches see things in training, the dressing room and video analysis we are not privy to.  I'm a big Guilbert fan but I'll trust the coaches on this.

• Like 2

On 17/10/2020 at 02:54, villalad21 said:

To me I'm just not a fan of his style.

I like fullbacks who stay on their feet and have good positional awareness. You never see Cash having to make those sliding tackles, there's a reason for that, he's very rarely caught out.

Smashcut to Cash pulling Barnes’ shorts down haha.

Personally I think we are in the great position of having three decent right backs at he club. Cash with most potential, Guilbert perfectly solid, Elmo coming to the end of his career. It’s a nice place to be but ultimately we can’t have three players for every position which is the only reason it isn’t sustainable long-term.

Edited by Adam2003

11 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

I think Elmo is only second choice because he covers multiple positions on the bench. If Cash was injured I suspect we'd see Fred starting in his place.

If that was the case I would rather guilbert be on the bench anyway put him rb and put cash as RW. I mean we already have a winger on the bench and a striker. Really the only reason for elmo to be on the bench is if Smith was wanting to swap our front 3 which wouldn't happen as normally when we are losing it is due to tired legs in the middle. 

17 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

I think Elmo is only second choice because he covers multiple positions on the bench. If Cash was injured I suspect we'd see Fred starting in his place.

I believe in a French interview Guilbert mentioned that the coaching staff informed him he is 3rd choice. It adds-up as during Project Restart he only played after Elmo was injured.

1 hour ago, nepal_villan said:

I believe in a French interview Guilbert mentioned that the coaching staff informed him he is 3rd choice. It adds-up as during Project Restart he only played after Elmo was injured.

Ah, okay. Interesting. That'd be a shame if true imo.

8 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

If that was the case I would rather guilbert be on the bench anyway put him rb and put cash as RW. I mean we already have a winger on the bench and a striker. Really the only reason for elmo to be on the bench is if Smith was wanting to swap our front 3 which wouldn't happen as normally when we are losing it is due to tired legs in the middle. 

Elmo has played CB recently too, right? I actually think he's decent enough cover for an injury in a lot of positions. Also Cash is doing great at RB so I wouldn't play him away from that position just to accommodate Guilbert, especially give Trez and Traore seem a good combo at RW.

Â