Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Loves to play for the club. It's refreshing.

Back to the years of Lescott, Richards and Bacuna who were stealing a living at the club.

I think that’s down to our recruitment policy in general. Smith has talked a lot about the importance of personally and we’ve now got a team of players that will give everything for the cause. It’s so refreshing to see. 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Loves to play for the club. It's refreshing.

Back to the years of Lescott, Richards and Bacuna who were stealing a living at the club.

It's not just wanting to play for the club, its having footballers who appear to actually want to play football.

You can picture the likes of Guilbert, McGinn, Grealish, Nakamba, Targett etc all wanting to go and play football in a park, if they had a spare hour. 

The guys you mention, and the likes of Gabby towards the end seemed to find football more of a chore, or even a hassle at times.

• Like 3

Great find by Smith, Guilbert has a great engine and he’s very determined, not only that he has a lot of natural ability on the ball. Guilbert is also strong in the air for someone of his height (5 feet 10), a so called bigger club will be after him if he keeps up this form

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I genuinely think he has the potential to be an elite fullback.

Probably only strength lets him down.

I think he can be an elite full back too, I also think he’s quite strong, he pulled up his shirt to wipe sweat from his forehead last match

48 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I still feel a bit bad for Elmo. Has done nothing wrong so far this season.

But i agree. Guilbert is the future.

We might have to call on ol' Elmo soon yet. Freddy is 1 booking away from a suspension.

53 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I still feel a bit bad for Elmo. Has done nothing wrong so far this season.

But i agree. Guilbert is the future.

Interesting stat about Elmo is that he has the highest expected assist per 90 minutes out of all our players who've played more than 90 minutes for us aside from Jack and Conor.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Interesting stat about Elmo is that he has the highest expected assist per 90 minutes out of all our players who've played more than 90 minutes for us aside from Jack and Conor.

What on earth is a "expected assist"

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

How many assists the player is expected to have from the chances they created I guess. Most of Elmo's came from the Bournemouth game where several of his crosses led to attempts on goal.

So the shittest stat ever has just got even shorter 🤣

On 26/11/2019 at 13:37, KenjiOgiwara said:

Lets talk about the pace of Maximinimin. Quickest player I've seen since Gabby 2006?

He might be quick but he was **** crap. a better manager would have dragged him off at half time

On 29/11/2019 at 14:50, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he can be an elite full back too, I also think he’s quite strong, he pulled up his shirt to wipe sweat from his forehead last match

Shirts aren’t that heavy though tbf

• Like 1

Â