Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The issue is your previous assertion that with Philips, Benrahma and Maupay, 'we'd be outside the relegation zone at the very least', which is an absurd counterfactual that we can't possibly know. Maybe we would, maybe we wouldn't. 

Is it really that absurd? Maupay by himself would obviously be an improvement on Wesley and would get us one or two more goals at the very least. I could argue Maupay by himself could put us out of the relegation zone. But you add Benrahma and Philips to the mix and I think that would put us clear of the relegation zone. 

If you want, maybe I'll add in my opinion to my statement(although that should be implicit in general).In my opinion, we'd be outside the relegation zone at the very least, I have no doubt about that. Is that better? You are at know you are free to disagree with my statement now

Edited by Laughable Chimp

23 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s a shame players read this crap, let  alone respond to it. 

And then we wonder about confidence being shot! Imagine being a player on here reading about how you are shit, the manager has lost the dressing room, the pre-match thread is saying you are set for a humiliating loss - and still going out and trying to perform. It’s a crazy level of mental fortitude needed to achieve at any level in sport whatever, but especially since the internet came in. Suddenly you’re not being booed for 2 minutes at the end of a game - you’re being booed 24/7.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

And then we wonder about confidence being shot! Imagine being a player on here reading about how you are shit, the manager has lost the dressing room, the pre-match thread is saying you are set for a humiliating loss - and still going out and trying to perform. It’s a crazy level of mental fortitude needed to achieve at any level in sport whatever, but especially since the internet came in. Suddenly you’re not being booed for 2 minutes at the end of a game - you’re being booed 24/7.

It's the same for every player at every club though, so ignoring the noise is a vital skill. Frankly he shouldn't be reading his mentions or responding to people on Twitter.

• Like 1

On 24/12/2019 at 22:19, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s a shame players read this crap, let  alone respond to it. 

I'm amazed how many posters on social media (including VT) think they are just having a private chat about a player, and not publishing their opinions to the whole internet.

It would be great if players didn't pay any attention to it, but it's a very natural human instinct to want to know what other people think about you.

He's done well so far. I think he's better defensively than Targett. But Targett is important in our attacking setup. I think with him and Targett, a 532 might be the best formation for us. Especially with McGinn absence now, this change will help us a lot.

I can't remember a better fullbacks on one time than them. Amavi had the potential. But when I put my decade team, I could've only thought of Bertrand and compared him to Targett. Even in terms of RB, its between Lowton and Walker I think. So it was two loan players for half a season, and Guilbert could definitely surpass Lowton.

The whole team has a confidence shot, team figured us out. Last season we had a similar spell, losing 3-0 from the likes of Wigan without having chances to score.

Basically, if we take our last three games (actually last two) then we've done very good in terms of performances. Suddenly we've been found out, Southampton game was a shame!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I'm amazed how many posters on social media (including VT) think they are just having a private chat about a player, and not publishing their opinions to the whole internet.

It would be great if players didn't pay any attention to it, but it's a very natural human instinct to want to know what other people think about you.

I don't think many players follow VT, possibly their relatives or families, but in social media, thats definitely the case.

Just now, abdulaziz1 said:

I don't think many players follow VT, possibly their relatives or families, but in social media, thats definitely the case.

Search for 'frederic guilbert villa forum' on Google. You don't think people look for this stuff? No need to create an account.

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's the same for every player at every club though, so ignoring the noise is a vital skill. Frankly he shouldn't be reading his mentions or responding to people on Twitter.

Agreed, it’s essential these days. But of course players will be reading their mentions. They are human. Same as actors read their reviews.

5 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I'm thinking that way when I post here. No way should Fred be reading through these pages.

If everyone here starts to think that you can only write here what you would say to the player himself, well it would make this site much duller.

I do think some fanboi messages every now and then would be great too!

29 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I'm thinking that way when I post here. No way should Fred be reading through these pages.

If everyone here starts to think that you can only write here what you would say to the player himself, well it would make this site much duller.

I do think some fanboi messages every now and then would be great too!

You can think whatever you want but it is almost certain that every player discussed on these pages has a look every now and then. So it’s not about only writing what you would say to them (don’t think anyone is trying to censor anyone) but the fact is players will read it. And if they don’t, other players will bring it to their attention. This is just fact. As was said above, it isn’t going to change so it means they need to be mentally stronger than ever. And way stronger than most of us - I wouldn’t be able to leave the house for work if there were 200 pages saying I was shit at my job. 

36 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

You can think whatever you want but it is almost certain that every player discussed on these pages has a look every now and then. So it’s not about only writing what you would say to them (don’t think anyone is trying to censor anyone) but the fact is players will read it. And if they don’t, other players will bring it to their attention. This is just fact. As was said above, it isn’t going to change so it means they need to be mentally stronger than ever. And way stronger than most of us - I wouldn’t be able to leave the house for work if there were 200 pages saying I was shit at my job. 

They have to be stronger for sure!

He frustrates me. He really does.

I can't count the number of times he's turned it over or put in a cross that has hit the first man. He's been very shaky in the last few games....

... but he never goes missing. He's always working hard and getting involved. He's only going to get better and better as he adjusts to the league.

He's already an important player for us and that's not going to change anytime soon. First name on the team sheet after Jack, for mine.

Â