Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Can only echo this, if he keeps up this form, a so called bigger club will come in for him I think

I hope not!

He's a statisticians dream won more tackles than any other defender in the five main European leagues and ranked second for interceptions during the 17/18 season and our most prolific tackler and interceptor this season love the guy. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

But also less pressure in gambling by buying unknown talents. You'd imagine we won't have gone to get McGinn if we were in the PL.

yeah....

did Leicester buy Vardy in championship, I can't remember.

6 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I hope not!

He's a statisticians dream won more tackles than any other defender in the five main European leagues and ranked second for interceptions during the 17/18 season and our most prolific tackler and interceptor this season love the guy. 

Oops made a mistake.

Edited by TRO

14 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Leicester were in the Championship yes but Vardy was non league.

yeah, I remember where he come from Fleetwood.

Its funny, I always rated him before he got famous....early days at Leicester.

He has the qualities like,when I watch Sheff Utd as a team .....that Bubbly effervescence in his play is engaging.

back to Freddie....I was amazed at the stats your declared....but i do like him, just his height makes him a target for lumps.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, TRO said:

When he was sat on the bench alongside Harry Kane?

3 hours ago, TRO said:

He has the qualities like,when I watch Sheff Utd as a team .....that Bubbly effervescence in his play is engaging.

back to Freddie....I was amazed at the stats your declared....but i do like him, just his height makes him a target for lumps.

He is very athletic and gets up well to win the ball especially from goal kicks. He does struggle when he can't get a running jump though but engels and mings need to be winning the ball before the attacker can get to it. 

5 hours ago, TRO said:

Thats my concern.....and aerial balls to the far post.

When you have Full Backs that are on the small side height wise.....the opposition will pump speculative balls in to that area......Its very difficult for a small player to beat a tall player in the air, its almost a given they will win the ball. We can all see the difference what Matt Target has made.....I would be looking to introduce Hause & Ezra much more than we do....not necessarily first choice, but waiting in the wings tactically.

It does infuriate me at times, that you can play some fine football during a game and get the hard work wiped out by such a simple tactic of putting a lump up against a diminutive player to create an advantage.....its so bloody mundane, yet so effective.

Brighton did it with Webster and Dan Burn ( should play basket ball, not football)

I thought Webster in particular was outstanding against us, I have looked on google regarding their usual left back Gaetan Bong but I can’t find anything about whether he is injured or suspended. I thought they defended manfully as a unit and were tough to break down, Graham Potter looks to be an excellent manager

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zab6359 said:

I hope not!

Thanks for those stats, has anyone got any idea of the fee we paid for Guilbert? All I can find is undisclosed

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

He is very athletic and gets up well to win the ball especially from goal kicks. He does struggle when he can't get a running jump though but engels and mings need to be winning the ball before the attacker can get to it. 

In my opinion, you don’t always have to win it, particularly against taller players, particularly as a centre back, you can drop off and read the game more. Ezri Konsa is an excellent example of this, based on the limited appearances I have seen of him at Brentford and at Villa. Guilbert is strong in the air and reads the game, he’s just the complete modern day full back for me, great find by Smith

• Like 1

Â