Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

5 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Got bummed worse than I've seen any player get this season (ok, I don't watch other teams). Wonder if he's found the bus yet. I would've taken him off at halftime, just to save him from more humiliation.

I honestly think I must have watched a different game to you. I thought he had an ok game today.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

^ That's odd, thought he did fairly well and if anybody let us down, it was Mings and Engels.

Could have been a translation issue in fairness. Was a photo of him and them 2 in the post 

10 hours ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

I honestly think I must have watched a different game to you. I thought he had an ok game today.

That's ok. Postivity towards our own players is always ok, even if I can't do it.

Edited by AVTuco

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

He said on Instagram(I think) that he took responsibility for letting the team down today. Sign of a good character to admit when its not going well (if only some referees could do the same)

I think he was okay but he certainly made some errors.

In the first half he got caught out numerous times by the ball in behind him for Sterling, no particular shame in that City are sublime at that ball but he did keep getting caught.

He also should have been covering Mings on the first goal, it was still Mings error but in that situation Guilbert should have been moving to cover his CB as he had nobody to mark.

He didn't have a bad game by any stretch but I din't think it was one of his better games either, its good that he seemingly can see issues in his performance and he is clearly the sort to seek to improve.

I still think he looks a bargain and very good addition who given his low number of PL games is doing very well.

• Like 2

I think he's superb. He could use a bit more help from our midfield at times, but I generally think he does well defensively. 

Crazy to think that he was bought with championship in mind. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think he's superb. He could use a bit more help from our midfield at times, but I generally think he does well defensively. 

Crazy to think that he was bought with championship in mind. 

McGinn was bought in The Championship though. 😊

I thought he did well. Yes he made mistakes, but he was the only one of our defenders that  could get anywhere near Sterling. Engels was terrible one on one, beaten almost everytime. McGinn did a poor job on that side protecting his backline too.  

There are plenty of things we can pick out from that game much of which boils down to team cohesion and experience, barring a couple of errors. For instance the amount of times Trezguet carried the ball beat a man then got surrounded without support, so ended up overplaying it. With more experience he would have released the ball earlier, and better cohesion would have had some support. 

I think he dives in too quickly and gets caught flat footed quite often because he doesn't anticipate the play. He's a decent signing who should be starting every game, but his weaknesses will be exposed by a team as good as City. Plenty of time to fix them, though.

Edited by KentVillan

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/09/2019 at 18:34, Thug said:

Too weak in defence. 

Twice today got out-muscled when he was clear favourite to get the ball.

Thats my concern.....and aerial balls to the far post.

When you have Full Backs that are on the small side height wise.....the opposition will pump speculative balls in to that area......Its very difficult for a small player to beat a tall player in the air, its almost a given they will win the ball. We can all see the difference what Matt Target has made.....I would be looking to introduce Hause & Ezra much more than we do....not necessarily first choice, but waiting in the wings tactically.

It does infuriate me at times, that you can play some fine football during a game and get the hard work wiped out by such a simple tactic of putting a lump up against a diminutive player to create an advantage.....its so bloody mundane, yet so effective.

Brighton did it with Webster and Dan Burn ( should play basket ball, not football)

Edited by TRO

On 28/10/2019 at 00:44, abdulaziz1 said:

It's easier to target gems in the championship than in the PL. Most of teams will only get excited with finished article, or a very well known youngster.

There is more time and less pressure to develop in the championship.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

There is more time and less pressure to develop in the championship.

But also less pressure in gambling by buying unknown talents. You'd imagine we won't have gone to get McGinn if we were in the PL.

• Like 1

Â