Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

20 hours ago, hippo said:

Really ? - I think he looks a bit of a fairy to be honest.

All footballers are talented at this level. Brighton are one of the lesser lights in the prem. He will have tougher openonents in the coming weeks.

I disagree, I think he’s a typical, tough, modern day full back 

Same goes for your next point, I don’t think all are talented, the vast majority, yes, all? No, someone like Serge Aurier for me, is not talented at all

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

In all fairness Elmo had 9 assists last season. 

To be fair I think when most people talk about upgrading full backs 75% of it is directed to Taylor.

Elmo did get some very useful assists last season, but I also think Guilbert is an upgrade on elmo as he is much more mobile and provides some assists etc.

But granted, I was less concerned about Elmo than I was about Taylor, but overall I think targett and Guilbert overall are upgrades on both previous full backs.

Edited by MaVilla

I think Guilbert is one of the bargains of the summer (I know we signed him in Jan but he still joined in summer).7 games in a new country and he looks like an established Premier League player.  Early days but I’m struggling to think of the last right back we had as good as this lad.

Hats off to the recruitment team once again. What a signing. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Got bummed worse than I've seen any player get this season (ok, I don't watch other teams). Wonder if he's found the bus yet. I would've taken him off at halftime, just to save him from more humiliation.

Dude, he was up against one of the most in-form players in Europe right now, playing for arguably one of the best teams in Europe. He wasn't that bad at all. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Dude, he was up against one of the most in-form players in Europe right now, playing for arguably one of the best teams in Europe. He wasn't that bad at all. 

I know, and Guilbert's a good player but today he might as well have just stood still.

Â