Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

Another clean sheet.

Sitting 2 points off 2nd in the league now.

Joined them in relegation trouble last season and now they are champs league qualifying contenders 

Have they got any money? Sell him for 4-5m.

37 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Have they got any money? Sell him for 4-5m.

I don't think there's any money in French football bar 2 teams. So unless a team scrapes survival in the prem this season or a team coming up buy him, he's not going to be sold for anymore than we paid for him.

I could see his style working in Italy well. So don't be suprised us selling him for 3 million and then him going to atlanta or somewhere soon after for 3 times the price which seems the thing we do with French players.

18 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

I don't think there's any money in French football bar 2 teams. So unless a team scrapes survival in the prem this season or a team coming up buy him, he's not going to be sold for anymore than we paid for him.

I could see his style working in Italy well. So don't be suprised us selling him for 3 million and then him going to atlanta or somewhere soon after for 3 times the price which seems the thing we do with French players.

Rennes have a bit these days so that feels a good fit.

That's the thing, everyone on here keeps on saying he's amazing on loan....and yet no one ever buys him permanently. He cost us what 3m when we were in the championship so doubt he's on stupid wages either.

We probably should've loaned him out to someone in championship like Davis as with 12 months left on his deal he obviously isn't getting a new one when he's barely played since late end of 2019 for us.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Rennes have a bit these days so that feels a good fit.

That's the thing, everyone on here keeps on saying he's amazing on loan....and yet no one ever buys him permanently. He cost us what 3m when we were in the championship so doubt he's on stupid wages either.

We probably should've loaned him out to someone in championship like Davis as with 12 months left on his deal he obviously isn't getting a new one when he's barely played since late end of 2019 for us.

He was one of the only reasonably consistent players we had in his first year with us. Most of the team were a shambles, not individually but collectively. Again was one of the only ones to show team work and fight for the team. As soon as cash was signed, who to me is a very simular player, Freddie would be number 2 and at his stage career wise, I would be suprised if he would be happy to just take the 4 x pay rise and sit out each game, he wants to play.

Would have kept him if it were down to me as he offered some steel which our team lacks, has pace and can play in a number of positions as cover. But we now have Chambers so fred will have to be sold.

Shame.

2 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Madness how we didn’t recall him in January unless there was a clause that we couldn’t as could have easily slotted in at left back instead of having to play young there 

I can only assume he couldn’t settle in England and had to move back to France otherwise I’m at a loss as to why he’s been dumped off because he’s certainly good enough to be back up to Cash

• Like 1

7 hours ago, david-avfc said:

I can only assume he couldn’t settle in England and had to move back to France otherwise I’m at a loss as to why he’s been dumped off because he’s certainly good enough to be back up to Cash

I think he had a fall out with Smith. He sort of called him a liar after Cash was signed 

Was either Smith or Lange

34 minutes ago, turvontour said:

He got man of the match again at the weekend. Will be interesting to see what we do with him going forward.

I doubt he'll be looking to stay as back up to Cash if Strasbourg get into the Champions League.

• Like 1

Not good enough for us, unfortunately.  I don't think he was as bad as some on here called him, but he's not the savior we're looking for either.  He's a bottom half Prem level player, which was a bargain buy for us as a Championship team not even in playoff contention at the time he penned his contract.  Would rather us start to rotate KKH into the squad or if he's not ready yet, find another veteran to fill the gap for a season until he is.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Not good enough for us, unfortunately.  I don't think he was as bad as some on here called him, but he's not the savior we're looking for either.  He's a bottom half Prem level player, which was a bargain buy for us as a Championship team not even in playoff contention at the time he penned his contract.  Would rather us start to rotate KKH into the squad or if he's not ready yet, find another veteran to fill the gap for a season until he is.  

Is Glenn Johnson available?

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Retired 4 years ago. Glenn Whelan who is 6 months older is still going strong at Bristol Rovers. 

As for Freddy his contract must surely be coming to an end at Villa? 

next summer

Â