Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

He definitely hasn't got skill. He could be quite awkward on the ball, that's what limited him so much IMO.

Just 7 players have completed more crosses than Guilbert. Created as many big chances as neymar and has as many assists. 

• Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

13 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

He's playing quite a bit and is regularly in the Ligue Un ToTW

His team are a point off the Champions League and he is a regular starter yet people criticise the French league on here

Similar people want us to sign Botman for 50 million who is playing in the same league for a team 6 points behind Strasbourg and conceded more goals

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Zatman said:

His team are a point off the Champions League and he is a regular starter yet people criticise the French league on here

Similar people want us to sign Botman for 50 million who is playing in the same league for a team 6 points behind Strasbourg and conceded more goals

That's a very simplistic way of looking at things. You can't compare Guilbert to Botman that generally, without looking at the other 10 starters!

Dirk Kuty and Luis Suarez were both key players in the Eredivisie, and look at the difference in class between those two players. And I'm sure Ajax had plenty of struggles while Suarez was there.

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

That's a very simplistic way of looking at things. You can't compare Guilbert to Botman that generally, without looking at the other 10 starters!

Dirk Kuty and Luis Suarez were both key players in the Eredivisie, and look at the difference in class between those two players. And I'm sure Ajax had plenty of struggles while Suarez was there.

Ok guilbert is the 2nd highest rated player on his team. Botman is 4th, another cm (renato sanches) is higher rated. 

34 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Ok guilbert is the 2nd highest rated player on his team. Botman is 4th, another cm (renato sanches) is higher rated. 

Maybe Guilbert has improved and I'd like to see him given another chance, but I can't see how his game can have changed too much.

Not sure why you've only stated Sanches as one of the players higher rated than Botman? Botman is a CB, not a CM.

12 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Maybe Guilbert has improved and I'd like to see him given another chance, but I can't see how his game can have changed too much.

Not sure why you've only stated Sanches as one of the players higher rated than Botman? Botman is a CB, not a CM.

I misread his position. Thought it said CM. Botman is 4th. Marginally ahead of another CB. And the difference presumably comes from the 2 additional goals Botman has scored. 

46 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I misread his position. Thought it said CM. Botman is 4th. Marginally ahead of another CB. And the difference presumably comes from the 2 additional goals Botman has scored. 

Need to watch them though, can't go off ratings.

On 18/02/2022 at 14:12, meregreen said:

Yesterdays man. Need to stop resurrecting players who had their chance and didn’t measure up. 

Or maybe he wasn’t given a decent run of games by Smith?

• Like 1

Â