Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

22 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whilst I don’t think McGinn should be captain the rational of taking it off Mings was so he can concentrate on his game. So far he has played very well with no errors. So surely it’s a good move so far ?

That’s a really good point - couldn’t agree more as this was always the benefit of taking it away from him.

Really Martinez should be captain imo

• Like 1

I do like Mings, he's a character for sure & he can do things defensively the others can't. Played very well and I'm delighted for him. He does have his moments but it appears those calamatous edges are slowly being coached out of him. Delighted for him. I thought Konsa looked a lot more like his old self too against City.

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Seemingly discarded for good.

Nothing sums up that useless Representative for Wellingborough more than Mings playing for England when in terrible form and then being dropped like a stone off the back of a year of actual decent performances.

**** me he is clueless. He doesn't know a thing about what goes on at most football clubs 

Legitimate clown. Maguire set to stay first pick despite being terrible and likely to not play for Man Utd in any meaningful way from not until the first game of the tournament,

• Like 2

Just now, a m ole said:

Legitimate clown. Maguire set to stay first pick despite being terrible and likely to not play for Man Utd in any meaningful way from not until the first game of the tournament,

Coady being selected ahead of mings is crazy. Almost every goal we've conceded has come down the right and was not mings' fault. 

• Like 4

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Coady being selected ahead of mings is crazy. Almost every goal we've conceded has come down the right and was not mings' fault. 

I didn’t even notice Coady. There’s 6 centre backs and 4 right backs 😁I don’t think there’s a left footer in those centre backs either?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Southgate clearly has his favorites and that’s that. Unfortunate for Mings. I feel like him against Haaland alone should’ve warranted a spot, lol.

8 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I might be biased… but I don’t think I am, Mings should be in the England squad. His performances at the euros were exceptional. 

Trying to look at it objectively, I would say Mings Stones White and Dier (never thought I’d say it) should be there with one of Tomori and Guehi. Wouldn’t be massively upset with Mings just missing out to Tomori or Guehi if they had big performances with England, but age and experience is a factor too.

Edited by a m ole

Didn't he say last time that he wanted to try something different? 

Lost 4-0 in a record home defeat... Didn't win in the four games, maybe he shouldn't have tried something different...that's the worst thing about it, mings did nothing wrong, the team did perfectly fine with him in it, they conceded more goals in those 4 games he wasn't called up for than they have in the 17 games that he's played, he has 14 clean sheets, they kept 1 in the 4 games last time out... The whole thing is mental which of course is pure Southgate 

John Stones will also be suspended for at least 1 game too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

In vintage Mings commentary, he’s getting stick all over Twitter for being in a squad he isn’t even in.

Yep all saying he's crap for us as well. Clearly not having watched a game. He'd walk into most of these teams sides and people are complaining about him. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Yep all saying he's crap for us as well. Clearly not having watched a game. He'd walk into most of these teams sides and people are complaining about him. 

The Liverpool/Talksport media bias led by the likes of Souness and not helped by Gerrard dropping him

• Like 1

Â