Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

Gerrard‘s plan of giving McGinn the captaincy so that both Mings and McGinn become better players is coming to fruition. Just need McGinn to start playing well now. 

Disagree. Mings was exaclty as good as this since he's been named captain. He had a poor run of form for like 5 weeks (and wasn't helped by Konsa being dead weight all last season) and people have said he's been shit ever since. Crazy. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Deserves more respect than he gets. One of our best signings ever. Obviously a flawed player, and I understand why fans of other clubs don’t rate him, but I’ll never understand why he’s had issues with our own fans

We have a lot of fans that don’t like chewing gum apparently.

• Haha 1

What was Gerrard on about in his post match interview? ‘When I came in there was a lot of noise around Mings’ - what noise? Save for the usual crowd on social media piling in on him when he has his occasional brainfart? (Which is the same for all players when they F up)

15 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

What was Gerrard on about in his post match interview? ‘When I came in there was a lot of noise around Mings’ - what noise? Save for the usual crowd on social media piling in on him when he has his occasional brainfart? (Which is the same for all players when they F up)

You got the full video?

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Brilliant again, cant remember why he waa dropped again

He was injured once and started every game since?

On the captaincy... Yes there's an argument.

No we don't need to now go around in circles about if he was actually injured or just failed to look Gerrard in the eyes either.

He was injured.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

49 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Just watched the actual interview:

What he actually said was " Extremely pleased, he showed alot of guts,  I put that noise on Tyrone, so that was my situation, but the reason I did that , is because when I came in I felt there was alot of noise around Tyrone and I felt it was affecting his performances and consistency , I didn't want him to focus on all the noise or other players or roles, just focus on HIS attributes, because I know he's got them, without a doubt "

I know we are all supposed to just hate everything that comes out of his mouth but he was actually giving him praise and it's publicly available ffs so let's cut it out 🤦🏿‍♂️

Link to clip:

https://www.facebook.com/100000473462841/posts/pfbid0hFP8fgW28izjL4TCjhAYF6tT4hDssmJXaDZryR9pjWHirPmqHijCCJE3ERXNMaEul/

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just watched the actual interview:

What he actually said was " Extremely pleased, he showed alot of guts,  I put that noise on Tyrone, so that was my situation, but the reason I did that , is because when I came in I felt there was alot of noise around Tyrone and I felt it was affecting his performances and consistency , I didn't want him to focus on all the noise or other players or roles, just focus on HIS attributes, because I know he's got them, without a doubt "

I know we are all supposed to just hate everything that comes out of his mouth but he was actually giving him praise and it's publicly available ffs so let's cut it out 🤦🏿‍♂️

Link to clip:

https://www.facebook.com/100000473462841/posts/pfbid0hFP8fgW28izjL4TCjhAYF6tT4hDssmJXaDZryR9pjWHirPmqHijCCJE3ERXNMaEul/

Eh?

How was I having a go at him? I asked what he was on about re the noise.

Wind your neck in chief.

38 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He was injured once and started every game since?

On the captaincy... Yes there's an argument.

No we don't need to now go around in circles about if he was actually injured or just failed to look Gerrard in the eyes either.

He was injured.

Why was he on the bench then? We also had Chambers on the bench that game so not exactly some centre back injury crisis that he could be risked

Was obviously dropped

3 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Gerrard‘s plan of giving McGinn the captaincy so that both Mings and McGinn become better players is coming to fruition. Just need McGinn to start playing well now. 

Only way McGinn will start playing well is if we drop back down to The Championship - his level.

Mings proving doubters wrong again - love to see it. He thrives on it.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Why was he on the bench then? We also had Chambers on the bench that game so not exactly some centre back injury crisis that he could be risked

Was obviously dropped

The manager has publicly stated that Mings was injured and that was the only reason he didn’t play that game and that he was on the bench just in case. Please stop this ridiculous conjecture with zero evidence. 

56 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

I’ve been a huge critic of Mings in the past but fair play to him. He has risen through the very difficult start to the season admirably and is now playing very well. I doth my cap. 

A difficult start which was wholly manufactured by the Gerrard.

Â