Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

23 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

No agenda, none whatsoever....

2 direct mistakes = 2 goals conceded because of Mings.

I’m also sick of the way he makes a mistake and then tried to be a **** hero. Every. Single. Time. Just stick to your role and do it well, you’re a **** defender. Honestly the guy costs us so much, for all his “solid defending” he makes too many mistakes over and over again. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, samjp26 said:

I’m also sick of the way he makes a mistake and then tried to be a **** hero. Every. Single. Time. Just stick to your role and do it well, you’re a **** defender. Honestly the guy costs us so much, for all his “solid defending” he makes too many mistakes over and over again. 

How was the 3rd his mistake? He was off balance and had to stab at it. Blame the bloke who let their CB have a free header maybe?’

and the 2nd he has it covered until he’s smashed into by his own player 

agenda, what agenda? 

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 3

I’m losing my mind with all the blind support he gets. I’m not getting into a scapegoat, other players are also shit convo, we are talking here about our captain who makes a goal conceding mistake once every two games. He missed two chances today and was just all over the **** place. If we actually want to progress we need to improve on both him AND Konsa, but more urgently Mings. 

• Like 3

I’ve been a staunch defender of his for the most part but seriously, how many mistakes is it now? This can’t go on. It just can’t. 

It’s all well and good doing something brilliant and heroic but it’s of no use to the team if you’re costing us a goal every 3 games with a mistake. 

I like him, I like his leadership, but I think he probably needs to be replaced in the Summer with someone who doesn’t make mistakes so often. They may not even be as good overall, but just to have someone who isn’t costing us goals so often will be of greater benefit to us. 

• Like 2

Just now, Spoony said:

I’m losing my mind with all the blind support he gets. I’m not getting into a scapegoat, other players are also shit convo, we are talking here about our captain who makes a goal conceding mistake once every two games. He missed two chances today and was just all over the **** place. If we actually want to progress we need to improve on both him AND Konsa, but more urgently Mings. 

I don't think there's much blind support.  He definitely makes mistakes (which is why he's not at a better club), but he's also a good defender.  I find it hard to pin much blame on him for any of their goals, even though he was 'there'.  As I said, maybe the third... but then he also saved a goal on the line just before that so maybe it evens out.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I don't think there's much blind support.  He definitely makes mistakes (which is why he's not at a better club), but he's also a good defender.  I find it hard to pin much blame on him for any of their goals, even though he was 'there'.  As I said, maybe the third... but then he also saved a goal on the line just before that so maybe it evens out.

Exactly right. People see him in the vicinity of a goal and automatically blame him which makes others defend him even more staunchly. He wasn’t at fault for any of the goals. Others were more at fault easily. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Their CB gets a free header in the 6 yard box and Mings will be blamed for a weak clearance off balance 

Konsa was ball-watching and should have got in front of Llorente, that's the mistake there...not the fact that Mings didn't boot a point blank shot into row Z.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Exactly right. People see him in the vicinity of a goal and automatically blame him which makes others defend him even more staunchly. He wasn’t at fault for any of the goals. Others were more at fault easily. 

There's been times recently where I genuinely don't think some people understand the concept of marking and losing a man, they just blame mings 

One of them is ezri konsa :trollface:

9 minutes ago, Spoony said:

He makes a goal conceding mistake every 2 games? That's news to me.

11 minutes ago, Spoony said:

The only agenda here is Mings supporters. Never known such blind loyalty to a defender as costly.

Yes he was great in the play offs. Yes he's done a decent job on the whole. But he ain't good enough for Aston Villa. He's good enough for the shitshow and rebuild we've been but in the last 20 years he's not even in the good category.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

I'm pretty sure deep down he knows he's playing above his true level. And he's desperate to show he is cut out for this level, too desperate.

Â