Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

10 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Who says we need to sell Jack?

You’re right that nobody has said we need to sell Jack. Nor should they. We no longer have a loud mouth of a manager that feels the need to continuously tell the public of our financial problems at any opportunity to make himself look good.

Smith is head coach. He shouldnt comment on player sales. 

So whether we need to sell Jack or not nobody is going to come out and say this. But one look at our accounts alongside FFP rules and you can see we will need to sell players to comply if we do not get promoted.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You’re right that nobody has said we need to sell Jack. Nor should they. We no longer have a loud mouth of a manager that feels the need to continuously tell the public of our financial problems at any opportunity to make himself look good.

So whether we need to sell Jack or not nobody is going to come out and say this. But one look at our accounts alongside FFP rules and you can see we will need to sell players to comply if we do not get promoted.

There are a couple of publications out there already shared by other users that show we are FFP compliant, so i beg to differ.

2 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

There are a couple of publications out there already shared by other users that show we are FFP compliant, so i beg to differ.

We're FFP compliant to the last figures - the next year is going to be very difficult. What's good for us is that whilst we're likely to fail FFP going forward, it looks like we'll be in the company of more than half of the teams in the division. That leaves the EFL with the choice between an embarrassing situation where half of the teams start with minus six points or a change in the rules - I have a feeling that they'll choose the latter. If not, we might take the Wolves route and lose a million pound a week while escaping the EFL's jurisdiction. FFP is broken - I'd hold on to Jack for as long as we can, it might end up not being a problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

For last season. Not this current one.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

As mentioned above I’m referring to next season. 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

We're FFP compliant to the last figures - the next year is going to be very difficult. What's good for us is that whilst we're likely to fail FFP going forward, it looks like we'll be in the company of more than half of the teams in the division. That leaves the EFL with the choice between an embarrassing situation where half of the teams start with minus six points or a change in the rules - I have a feeling that they'll choose the latter. If not, we might take the Wolves route and lose a million pound a week while escaping the EFL's jurisdiction. FFP is broken - I'd hold on to Jack for as long as we can, it might end up not being a problem.

The wolves route was get a champions league level manager and a load of Premier League level players in to almost guarantee promotion and the income that comes with it.

We could have tried that approach over the last couple of season but if we did it not wouldn’t we get the points deduction during next season?

• Like 1

On 25/03/2019 at 12:47, sne said:

I can see what they mean tbf.

If he tried to play the way he does with the ball here against PL strikers he'd be punished time and time again.

It's all well and good being a bit cheeky with the ball against this level players but the PL strikers are for the most part both faster stronger and especially smarter and much better at pressing the defenders.

They will just swarm him and take the ball off him when he tried to do a dummy as last man in defense. 

I think he's brilliant in the Championship and if fit could potentially be good in the PL as well. But he'd have to stop with his Zlatan dribbles or we'd all get very frustrated with him very fast.

Agree with this

• Thanks 1

Anyone got a stat that shows our Goal Against with him versus when we didn't have Mings?

Have to think it's quite a sizable difference considering we have only conceded 1 in the last 4 matches.

35 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Anyone got a stat that shows our Goal Against with him versus when we didn't have Mings?

Have to think it's quite a sizable difference considering we have only conceded 1 in the last 4 matches.

It’s 8 in 9. We conceding 6 in that horrid run of 3 games in Feb. (Although we had a great come back against Sheff united). 

On 25/03/2019 at 20:39, mikeyp102 said:

How would Bournemouth fans know how much the club would sell him for? It’s the same as us saying Jack is worth £40m etc

Of course they wouldn’t know this, but it as an indication of how they as fans don’t rate TM anywhere near as much as we seem to do. Fans are often in general a very good judge of how a player is thought of ya their club - opposition fans don’t rate JG, but is £40m for Grealish, our best academy prospect for years and someone who is very likely to make it into the England set up once bedded into the premier league, really that unrealistic (rhetorical as I don’t want to derail the thread)? I had assumed that there is no way in hell that Bournemouth would sell us mings, but if that view is representative of their fans, it may also be representative of the club (loaning is TM could be seen as a way for him to improve fitness, but also given how porous their defence is may be an indication they just don’t rate him), so I thought it was worth sharing.

15 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think the best way to start before selling the crown jewels would be to see how we go off of decreasing those player wages. I think we will look alot more healthy once we've got rid of some players who will be moving on. Making way for new players where we can better control there salarys instead of giving them a fortune right from the start is something we need to do. Instead of having one player on 60k a week, we could end up have four or five using up that much which will help us out alot.

Yes before we sell and make a rash decision those in charge I'm sure are seeing who's going to be sold and I'm sure they are seeing Jack and John as last to be sold if possible.  The owner's stated we were going to win things again, you can not be selling those who are playing there best if your going to win or challange for trophy. You have to be a selling club or a winning club you can't do both to both there full potential. From everything the owners have done since coming here and the people they have put in charge, I'm more than convinced were no longer a selling club, the owners themselves do not need the money. I'm sure jesus, christain and nicola will be doing all they can to bring in new funds along the way, even advisor brian little will no doubt be saying do not sell Grealish to the owners at whatever the cost.

You are right though we do not know what's being said behind the scenes. I don't know about you but I'm dieing to know the position were going to be taking and what side of the fence wee on when it comes to the sale of our prized assets.

TM is a player we could build around, he's certainly a player who has come here, done well, will become a fantastic key figure at Villa if we can keep hold of him. I'm more than happy to do the loan department for identifying players like this, so long as it's a loan deal we can snap up properly. I can't stand the loan deals we've had where there careers go positive From  wing here, then they go back to there parent club and we've lost out.

Edited by Dave-R

12 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

There is no way Michael Keane is better than this bloke. There is no way we're keeping hold of him if we don't go up. He is good enough to be in contention for England. 

Keane is dreadful, probably take Elphick over Keane

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Keane is dreadful, probably take Elphick over Keane

He isn’t dreadful, Everton paid £30m for him, yes they overpaid for him but I think he’s a good defender. I don’t get the hate for him

• Like 1

Bournemouth fans confident that Mings wasn’t good enough and/or too injury prone to return to them, despite his current, form albeit in the Championship. I see similarities in the situation we have with Gary Gardner - despite his decent form at blose, it’s time he moved on. Mings should do the same and make his Villa deal permanent.

On 28/03/2019 at 12:18, flashingqwerty said:

Little bird tells me we have an option to buy on mings and a fee has been agreed.  Down to the player now - so we shall see.

Pretty sure it was common knowledge that we had an option to buy, first refusal on matching any other bids or some weird shit like that......

On 28/03/2019 at 12:18, flashingqwerty said:

Little bird tells me we have an option to buy on mings and a fee has been agreed.  Down to the player now - so we shall see.

Big Bird tells me A is for Apple. We shall see!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â