Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

In my opinion, this guy has been instrumental in giving us the steel and presence we have needed at the back, Hause has also been a factor too in the absence of Axel.

Had we of had Mings last season ,alongside JT ,I think we would have gone up.

Jack, is a big influence on our team, absolutely no doubt, but Mings has been the rock at the back the rest of the team needed.

It is no surprise to me that having big units at CB gives you a huge advantage in this league, the fact he is a talent too, is a major bonus.

Love to be able to sign him.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Rodders said:

he was injured for months a couple of times I think and so was just unable to get back into the side. We'd only have half a chance if we got promoted.

Hopefully he has a big say in that and has caught the Villa bug so tries to engineer a move to us too.

Clutching?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Must be nice playing for a big club after spending years at Bournemouth

I think he's just enjoying playing. He's spent 4 seasons at Bournemouth for 863 minutes, since arriving at Villa he's already played 720.

• Like 4

Reminds me of Rio Ferdinand at times, even vs blues when looked like he was playing the balll too much he would get out of trouble.

Funny thing is im not sure he really played centre back before, certainly not regularly. I am sure when he signed, people thought he would replace Taylor

Edited by Zatman

20 hours ago, Hornso said:

I think he's just enjoying playing. He's spent 4 seasons at Bournemouth for 863 minutes, since arriving at Villa he's already played 720.

TBH, even when Mings has been fit enough to play for them, he's behind Ake in the pecking order, who has been outstanding just about every time I've seen him play.  I've heard a lot of people tout Ake to be in contention for an England spot this season.  Also, they just signed Chris Mepham this January, too, which means they're probably going to part ways with Mings this summer.  You don't spend that kind of money on a player to sit on your bench.  

On 14/03/2019 at 11:46, Rodders said:

he was injured for months a couple of times I think and so was just unable to get back into the side. We'd only have half a chance if we got promoted.

If we do manage to get promoted, I think we'd have every chance of signing him.. If we go up, I think we'll see some serious spending. 

Â