Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Based on form this season Hause looks better to me. We've now got the best looking back line that we've had all season, would be madness to change it IMO.

I think Chester is a better defender. Remember he was playing injured all season (because he had to due to the CB mismanagement by Bruce)

10 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I'm not even sure Chester would get back into this back four to be honest.

I think he would. I think Chester is definitely better than Hause.

He's had a poor season, but he's been playing with an injury and spent most of the season in the shit house that was our defence.

Either way, it's nice to suddenly have seemingly a lot of options in those positions. Chester and Hause competing for a place with Elphick as an extra backup isn't a bad place to be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

He's had a poor season, but he's been playing with an injury and spent most of the season in the shit house that was our defence.

Either way, it's nice to suddenly have seemingly a lot of options in those positions. Chester and Hause competing for a place with Elphick as an extra backup isn't a bad place to be.

Unfortunately if the rumours about chesters injury are true, it might be risky to put too much hope in relying on him to be a permanent performer going forward.

Personally I love hause and Mings as a CB pairing, both big and fast units who can play.

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I think Chester is a better defender. Remember he was playing injured all season (because he had to due to the CB mismanagement by Bruce)

Yep. Chester's also an excellent defender at this level - Hause looks good but has mistakes in him. I'd go with Hause - Mings - Chester - Elmo, if given the choice. Still got Tuanzebe too and it'd be very hard to leave him out. 

Don't get me wrong, I do think Chester is a better defender than Hause, but... it's hard to deny that that Hause and Mings are forming a fantastic partnership. With 8 games to go, and a need for Chester to get back to full fitness, would you risk putting Chester back in seeing as every game right now is so crucial?

Chester always seems to be great with some CB's and not so much with others. His game looks completely different depending on who he is playing with. He might be brilliant with Mings, not sure I'd risk it this season.... 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Chester over hause for sure. 

Elmo Tuanzebe Mings Hause

is pretty good, compared to pre jan it's **** amazing. 

Is there not a potential of...

Tuanzebe Chester Mings Hause

...as well? 

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is it wrong that I would put Tuanzebe in with Mings before Chester?

Speed, Athleticism and the ability to bring the ball forward.

Chester is very much an old school no nonsense defender with limited mobility IMO.

I am with you on this....but I am not as sold on Chester as many are on here....He is too small for me and does not dominate the ball in the air like Mings does.....that attacking of the ball in the air, plays the midfielders in immediately to create an attacking sortie.

Chester tends to bring the ball down and slows the next attack in doing so....I think forwards fancy their chance against Chester much more....Mings is far less compromising.

Decent player Chester , don't get me wrong, but in my mind doesn't dominate like Mings.....particularly at set pieces too, which are important at this level.

Mings is the best Centre Back I have seen at Villa park for some time now.

• Like 4

It is no coincidence that our defence improved massively once Tyrone 'King of the Championship' Mings came in. He is a better fit than Chester or elphick, as he is a ball playing centre back who doesn't really have any weaknesses.

However the main factor, imo, is his ability to marshall the back 4 and general leadership. This is what we have been missing in the absence of JT. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is it wrong that I would put Tuanzebe in with Mings before Chester?

Speed, Athleticism and the ability to bring the ball forward.

Chester is very much an old school no nonsense defender with limited mobility IMO.

Absolutely, I think our drop in form was partially down to losing Tuanzebe as well as Grealish. 

He is so good at strolling forwards with the ball and setting up attacks. 

Our system is about playing it around the back waiting for opportunities to open up. Having 2 centre backs who are comfortable on the ball and can deliver a decent pass will enhance our play so much. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Absolutely, I think our drop in form was partially down to losing Tuanzebe as well as Grealish. 

He is so good at strolling forwards with the ball and setting up attacks. 

Our system is about playing it around the back waiting for opportunities to open up. Having 2 centre backs who are comfortable on the ball and can deliver a decent pass will enhance our play so much. 

This is it. Missing this along with Jack's absence meant we had nothing. We didn't have the tools to achieve what we wanted to do. Of course football fans being football fans took that to mean the manager is simply shite.

• Like 3

On 18/03/2019 at 14:50, KenjiOgiwara said:

Why change up a defence when it's looking solid? At least wait until it's reasonable to make a change. 

I agree with this. Keep it as is against Blackburn and slowly introduce Chester and Axel back in to to team. Maybe even move Hause to left back depending on how games are going. 

I don’t rate Taylor but his part of a solid back four for last 3 weeks. If it ain’t broke...

• Like 1

On 18/03/2019 at 09:13, Stevo985 said:

Chester and Hause, with Elphick back up in RCB. that why in transfer windows i was mentions these barbet come in free transfer take LCB roles so will good balance, if we go in and win the bid war for Mings to join will very good move.. 

so Elphick-Hause and Chester-Mings/Barbet so prefect balanced and good back up options ...

for me i think Elphick is better than chester in defend and aerial, chester better football talent and quick defend that Elphick. 

I look forward to AXEL-MINGS in Centre half 😉 it is gonna interest partner and powerfully partner .. sorry Hause :S even your play great latest .. and Axel take your place for good balance unfortunate as Hause is look awkard in RCB, i would love see him in natural LCB roles in future with Elphick or Chester in next season.

• Like 1

Â