Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

Well, it seems a daft rule, but rules are rules.

Don't get me wrong, I am well pissed off that we did not hold on for a draw at least, even though they were the better side. But you just have to accept it if it is in accordance with the rules, no matter how daft.

What’s the rule?

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

Well, it seems a daft rule, but rules are rules.

Don't get me wrong, I am well pissed off that we did not hold on for a draw at least, even though they were the better side. But you just have to accept it if it is in accordance with the rules, no matter how daft.

Rules:

Offside offence

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

• making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

or

• A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent. 

Highlighted the part that they neglected to consult. 
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I get Mings makes mistakes now and then but how the rest of his performance today can be totally ignored because he got tackled by a player that is offside amazes me.

I'm not ignoring his overall performance at all mate, BUT, that wasn't actually his first clanger of the game.

YES, he was brilliant for most of it, but he is also capable of some VERY crucial errors in the most dangerous areas.

The same way we defended brilliantly for most the game, but switched off twice, and lost the match,

In the end, that is all it takes.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Mings played him onside. It is a Mings error.

How can you play a player onside when they are 10 yards offside.

FWIW the header from the City player was aimed for the offside player so he was already interfering with play 

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

apparently. genuinely cannot think of a single howler from mings that has led to a goal. and no, i'm not rewatching highlights from every game this season. agree to disagree here.

This is the first one of the season. At least it will be attributed to Mings but we all know who to blame. Deano knew as well. 

He was so good today, he deserved a clean sheet. He totally expected not to be tackled by an offside player and yes he he should have just headed it but 99% of the other teams in the league would have already been losing by that point as our defence was magnificent up to then.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm not ignoring his overall performance at all mate, BUT, that wasn't actually his first clanger of the game.

YES, he was brilliant for most of it, but he is also capable of some VERY crucial errors in the most dangerous areas.

The same way we defended brilliantly for most the game, but switched off twice, and lost the match,

In the end, that is all it takes.

I think the one that was nearly an own goal was a little unlucky too l (well lucky it didn’t go in but unlucky how it sliced off him) . I thought overall he was brilliant today.  

I think it was quite clearly a mistake regardless of whether you believe the player is offside or not (the rules seem suitably vague to allow both interpretations).

Someone made a good comparison that it was akin to someone not tracking an offside runner by believing he was clearly offside, you play to the whistle.

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

So if a player pushed up to create an offside trap successfully but the offside wasn't given due to referee error, is the player at fault?

Are we now judging players based on their anticipation of how the rules might be made up?

The explanation at the end was complete bollocks. They know they have **** up. It’s a complete joke. 

1 minute ago, penguin said:

I think it was quite clearly a mistake regardless of whether you believe the player is offside or not (the rules seem suitably vague to allow both interpretations).

Someone made a good comparison that it was akin to someone not tracking an offside runner by believing he was clearly offside, you play to the whistle.

It was a mistake. But he’s offside!  It’s heartbreaking ain’t it :(

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

How is it a mistake? If he isn’t challenged by the offside player he controls the ball and sets up Villa for an attack. No mistake was made, challenged by offside player is not a mistake.

Edited by Tommo_b

It is not a mistake.

The last man (Mings in this case) takes the ball calmly down on his chest and turns back towards goal. An offside players runs in and tackles him before he's even managed to get the ball on the floor.

It's either offside, or the offside rule is completely and utterly broken.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think the one that was nearly an own goal was a little unlucky too l (well lucky it didn’t go in but unlucky how it sliced off him) . I thought overall he was brilliant today.  

And the mis pass to Konsa.

Maybe i'm being harsh,

On watching replays you can see he was totally blindsided by the player running from behind him.

So i guess it was more unfortunate than anything.

Mental how their wasn;t a VAR check at all.

Sometimes this whole "game " feels rigged like politics.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Â