Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I agree. That it should have been offside doesn’t negate the error from Mings.

Spot on Trent. Mings eliminates that massive pile of shite reffing if he just heads it clear. 

It's becoming a trend that our defensive errors usually have Mings associated with them.

• Like 2

Just now, tomav84 said:

the fact that until then he'd played a blinder, a key role in keeping the score 0-0 against the best team in the league, i presume is totally lost on you? why focus on the 1 negative and ignore all his other contributions in these games?

There are very, very few games you can point at in which Mings hasn't been needlessly caught in possession, or hasn't made a suicidal backpass.

I like him, I really do, and for 99% of the time, he's a 9/10 player. But he has a calamity in him every game and IMO, he needs to see the consequences of them. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I agree, as did Ferdinand. It was a mistake it needlessly take it down, the poor chest down was a mistake. I’m not saying it wasn’t offside it clearly was but that doesn’t negate the error.

Agreed. It’s the same mistake as not chasing a runner who you’re convinced is offside. Mings was very unlucky and caught unaware, but he has to play to the whistle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Savage said the same as Ferdinand, player error and offside.

Yes. I wasn't sure if you were only assuming this position because Rio said it.

As it's all one incident. You can't say offside and an error IMO. Mings thinks he's irrelevant so goes to bring it down, but hasn't even got hold of it before this bloke out of the game appears to suddenly be in the game stealing the ball.

• Like 1

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

It would appear that by the rules of the game, the offside decision is correct.

If Mings had not ballsed up again, there would be goal and no discussion.

Out of interest, have the FA ever, ever come out and said "whoops"? It's almost as if the rules are vague enough that they can back whatever decision the ref makes. 

• Like 3

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

It would appear that by the rules of the game, the offside decision is correct.

If Mings had not ballsed up again, there would be goal and no discussion.

It's not correct. You cannot gain advantage by being offside, which is exactly what happened here.

2 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

If he had put his boot through the ball instead of trying to control it, would never have happened, always wants to try and turn players and again he got caught tonight

He had to chest it down ffs - what kind of Muay Thai shit were you expecting?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There are very, very few games you can point at in which Mings hasn't been needlessly caught in possession, or hasn't made a suicidal backpass.

I like him, I really do, and for 99% of the time, he's a 9/10 player. But he has a calamity in him every game and IMO, he needs to see the consequences of them. 

i genuinely cannot remember another goal this season he has directly been at fault for. so i totally disagree with your first line above

6 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Does the mistake not get cancelled out by the fact it was offside?

I've been shouted on here for criticising Ming's errors, but today I thought he was genuinely superb for most of the game.

It does yes. If it's offside (which it is), there's no error. He doesn't get tackled or we get a free kick. He does nothing wrong.

He did his usual tonight. Was largely good but made a couple of disastrous errors that could have cost us. It's been pretty annoying since we got promoted. Every error is of his own making and they could be cut out easily.

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

the fact that until then he'd played a blinder, a key role in keeping the score 0-0 against the best team in the league, i presume is totally lost on you? why focus on the 1 negative and ignore all his other contributions in these games?

This, really.

And again Ming's frustrates me, but not going to scape goat him today when our midfield went missing all game offering no cover to the defence, we were under siege, if Ming's hadn't have made a mistake someone would have.

• Like 2

Apparently the rules are:

Offside offence

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

• making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

or

• A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent. 

The first part is clear as day - it's offside, not Mings' fault. 
Edited by lexicon

2 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

I'm struggling to see at what point in that turn of events Mings did anything wrong. And if the suggestion is that "he should have just hoofed it" then you need to look again at how we play our football.

it's what's separating us from shite like burnley. wanting to turn defence into attack rather than just punting it away. there's a risk associated with that though. if people want the alternative, there's a fella in the north west that is likely to be out of a job soon...maybe they'd rather he came back

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Out of interest, have the FA ever, ever come out and said "whoops"? It's almost as if the rules are vague enough that they can back whatever decision the ref makes. 

Well, it seems a daft rule, but rules are rules.

Don't get me wrong, I am well pissed off that we did not hold on for a draw at least, even though they were the better side. But you just have to accept it if it is in accordance with the rules, no matter how daft.

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Do you need glasses? 

apparently. genuinely cannot think of a single howler from mings that has led to a goal. and no, i'm not rewatching highlights from every game this season. agree to disagree here.

31 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No doubt but it’s still an error by Mings as Ferdinand just said and he never ever learns.

I’m first to criticise Mings, but this is just wrong. It’s not an error. He’s bringing the ball down to give us a reprieve from the constant attacks. He’s done nothing wrong - the control was loose, but he’s not in any danger so it’s fine. 

Of course, apart from the **** woeful decision from the referees that follows. He was in danger of that. 

Â