Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

4 hours ago, The_Steve said:

The press want to blame Villa and other clubs around the relegation places in case the season cannot be completed. Look what happened to Troy Deeney, some idiots were wishing death on his newborn son from the virus. Of course, this issue existed pre-social media, but the clickbait is fuelling this sentiment.

Villa, Watford, Brightom, Bournemouth, Norwich and West Ham the bad guys for these fucktards in media and social media

No surprise Mings taking a ton of abuse as nobody reads the actual article

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

this interview is once again showing just how in the gutter our media is, largely due to social media

what he's said is well thought out, perfectly fair and what I would say a lot of people agree with

and its not just talksport, its more or less all of them, then you throw in the click bait nature of social media and people's reluctance to actually open and read articles and then the story is a waste of time, completely changed from what it originally was 

It's a joke to be honest. The BBC have posted about it 3 separate times today with some shoddy write up just making sure to include the best clickbait lines from the article. Talksport deleted their tweet after Mings himself called them out on it. 

The amount of people I've seen today who blatantly haven't read the actual article and talk utter rubbish is hilarious. Everything Mings said was fair and accurate but you know, the media have to twist it to their liking. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think having a temper or a nasty streak has any thing to do with intelligence.  

Maybe intelligence is the wrong word.  Whats the nicest possible way to say he doesn’t seem as stupid as your average footballer?

I agree with you, I don’t think having a temper or nasty streak has anything to do with intelligence but I’m not a scientist, so I couldn’t tell you for sure

I don’t think he’s stupid at all, from his interviews he comes across as very intelligent as well as being a very good defender on the pitch. He should just let his football do the talking but it’s easy for us to say 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

This fella stinks of leadership.

He's an intelligent, confident, articulate and rounded individual and exactly the type of character I like associated with this football club.

I agree with you but I think he has a nasty side too. In order to make it at the highest level, I think you have to have that trait

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

This fella stinks of leadership.

He's an intelligent, confident, articulate and rounded individual and exactly the type of character I like associated with this football club.

He needs to perform better on the pitch though. Done too many individual errors this season.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Not sure how to link from twitter but he's made a post about a protest tomorrow saying 'see you tomorrow'.

If he goes to it, with presumably no social distancing, what happens if he gets covid?

Bigger than football... 

Said on the previous page him signing with rocnation I think he will become very vocal talking in the community and be a great role model, the club should fully support him

If grealish leaves then he will be the face of Aston villa 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Bigger than football... 

Said on the previous page him signing with rocnation I think he will become very vocal talking in the community and be a great role model, the club should fully support him

If grealish leaves then he will be the face of Aston villa 

I agree with the principle, but i can't see the club from a legal standpoint supporting him by breaking lockdown rules and potentially ruling himself out of fixtures, or putting other players at risk of infection.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I agree with the principle, but i can't see the club from a legal standpoint supporting him by breaking lockdown rules and potentially ruling himself out of fixtures, or putting other players at risk of infection.

It seems Lansbury is going as well so you’d presume they’ve been given the clear to go 

13 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

It seems Lansbury is going as well so you’d presume they’ve been given the clear to go 

Will probably get injured leaving his house 

So is he gonna go out in the streets?

The virus suddenly doesn't matter anymore? I find it absurd in his questions of safety yet here he is proposing to break quarantine putting himself at risk.

I understand his passion for justice, i agree with him. But this is not the time. We're in a global pandemic.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

he is proposing to break quarantine

What do you mean by 'break quarantine'?

The legal requirement to have a reasonable excuse to be out and about in England ended on Monday morning.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Like no one is going to go up to either of them 2 for a picture at this protest, after seeing it in London social distancing is out the window with it 

Totally understand his desire to support the movement but this seems like an unnecessarily risky way of doing it. He'll be mobbed for sure. Apart from running the risk of getting it himself he could bring it back to the training ground. Could be a disaster for us.

15 minutes ago, chips'ngravy said:

Totally understand his desire to support the movement but this seems like an unnecessarily risky way of doing it. He'll be mobbed for sure. Apart from running the risk of getting it himself he could bring it back to the training ground. Could be a disaster for us.

Tbh. Clubs and the player should be punished for this.

There's a time and place for everything. In the middle of a pandemic is not the time to march the streets and demonstrate. Stupid.

• Like 1

Â