Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Regardless of good intentions it is hypocritical of him.

He said last week he had concerns about the season restarting and here he is in the streets putting himself and other people at risk.

It’s not hypocritical at all. He is right to have concerns about football. I’m sure he also has concerns about attending the march. However, football is totally unimportant compared to inequality in our World. Not hypocrisy just a sense of decency and social justice.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Not sure how people can be happy for him to play football, something that doesn't even matter, in the middle of a pandemic, but then criticize him for protesting for a cause that's obviously does matter and is much much more important than a game of football.

Yes everybody knows this is far more important than football. But what is more dangerous playing football in a safe environment with regular testing or an illegal gathering of hundreds/thousands of people when the law stipulates you are only allowed a maximun of 6 people to gather at any time. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

It’s not hypocritical at all. He is right to have concerns about football. I’m sure he also has concerns about attending the march. However, football is totally unimportant compared to inequality in our World. Not hypocrisy just a sense of decency and social justice.

Well by encouraging people to march the streets he is putting people in danger.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Well by encouraging people to march the streets he is putting people in danger.

but playing football without a mask and social distancing he will be super safe 🤔

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

but playing football without a mask and social distancing he will be super safe 🤔

But they have been regularly tested and had their temperatures wheras people who are already in a vunerable group massed together some wearing masks some not, no testing, no safety in mind makes it far more likely to spread the virus. Mings by stating he was going to attend, being a famous footballer and a role-model would have made many more people attend the rally and has possibly contributed now to the spreading of the virus and maybe more deaths. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, PaulC said:

But they have been regularly tested and had their temperatures wheras people who are already in a vunerable group massed together some wearing masks some not, no testing, no safety in mind makes it far more likely to spread the virus. Mings by stating he was going to attend, being a famous footballer and a role-model would have made many more people attend the rally and has possibly contributed now to the spreading of the virus and maybe more deaths. 

Was 4000 people at it, it wouldn't fill one stand at VP. i saw photos and was distancing and masks as well

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

The law also states that you should not discriminate and murder people just because they may be slightly different to you. What is more important?

White people telling black people what is appropriate is hilarious (not aimed at you Paul). How can we ever know? I have seen people say such things as “it happened thousands of miles away so what has he got to do with us?”. Social injustice should never be acceptable anywhere in the world. People who are suffering need to know that the World stand behind them. It’s also happening all the time in our own little island. Just ask Dalian Atkinson’s family about it. One of our very own.

Anyway. UTV. 

I fully understand and its easy for me to sit where I am as a white person but I still think right now in the UK we need to stay vigilant and protect ourselves from this virus. The Govt have set themselves up as poor role models, and we have seen many people not caring about social distancing. I fear the worst and many more lives lost. I'm sure all the organisers have done their best to promote distancing and provide people with masks but at the same time its impossible when thousands of people turn up. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Was 4000 people at it, it wouldn't fill one stand at VP. i saw photos and was distancing and masks as well

Not in the streets but on the news today the reporter was saying many didn't wear masks and it was impossible to keep social distancing. What Jack did was worse because he did it for fun not a cause but the danger of spreading the desease was lesser. 

1d494e8b-ef91-4697-8af0-373981eda9be.jpg

Edited by PaulC

On 06/06/2020 at 15:47, Delphouneso said:

It's really difficult. My grandad passed from Covid-19 a few weeks ago, I didn't get to see him before he died, neither did my Dad, because of social distancing. Now thousands are gathering in the streets together to protest.

But some of what I've seen and read in relation to BLM and the protests over the past couple of weeks, the violence, the hatred, the aggression, the ignorance, has genuinely brought me to tears. It makes me so angry shᴉt like this is still prevalent in this day and age. And I'm a straight, white, middle class male. I can't even begin to imagine how it feels to be black/asian/disabled/gay/etc in Britain or the wider world right now. I can't begin to imagine how angry I'd feel every fuckᴉng day that this stuff still goes on, that it's still deemed acceptable by society at large.

So if Tyrone thinks that the right thing for him to do is join the protests, he's got my backing 100%. And everything about his character suggests it won't be a decision he took lightly.

Going off topic Speaking as an Asian in Britain I’m actually extremely proud of this country and how far it has become in respecting people from all walks of lives. The way people are treated in the country my parents came from is what makes me angry. Also makes me happy countries like Britain exist.

Going back on topic. I personally think it’s poor timing for anybody to be going to protests where there are large groups gathered.  That include Mings.  But obviously you can understand why it’s so important to people. 

Just a thought though. If he does end up catching coronavirus due to going to the protest should the club continue to pay his wages during the time he is absent?

• Like 3

On 06/06/2020 at 13:10, useless said:

Not sure how people can be happy for him to play football, something that doesn't even matter, in the middle of a pandemic, but then criticize him for protesting for a cause that's obviously does matter and is much much more important than a game of football.

That is true but let’s look at it from an employment perspective. If I knew my return to work was on the basis my test for covid was negative should I be attending a march with a large group gathering which is against government guidelines?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Grealish was publicly vilified for breaking lockdown rules and so should Mings be.

Slightly different circumstances surely? One participating in a massive social protest and the other getting hammered. 

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Slightly different circumstances surely? One participating in a massive social protest and the other getting hammered. 

Irrelevant. Covid-19 doesn't distinguish between the level of clearing in the woods a person has been. The more people you mix with the more chance of catching it. It's not rocket science!

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

And under different lockdown rules.

The social distance rules of 2 metres applied in both situations and the ban on large gatherings of people from different households applied in both situations.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That is true but let’s look at it from an employment perspective. If I knew my return to work was on the basis my test for covid was negative should I be attending a march with a large group gathering which is against government guidelines?

How many fans or people have drunk to excess the night before work and whether they feel they are ok or not drove to work the next day (an offence), likely over the limit and then not being fully productive at work the next day (affect their employment output).  Additionally, when the government leaders arent following their own rules, it doesnt set a good example. 

I still havent formed my opinion about what Mings did.  I'm incredibly proud that a Villa player stood up for something very important as this injustice and is vocal leader in this area but on the other side breaking the government guidelines and risking, as people know I'm against.  The two things are very important to me but obviously clash at this point.  

Jack rightly got punished and was an idiot.  It doesnt make up for what he did though.

Edited by nick76

Â