Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

18 hours ago, villalad21 said:

So is he gonna go out in the streets?

The virus suddenly doesn't matter anymore? I find it absurd in his questions of safety yet here he is proposing to break quarantine putting himself at risk.

I understand his passion for justice, i agree with him. But this is not the time. We're in a global pandemic.

I'm afraid when it comes to items like this these is no good "time". The whole point of a rally or protest is that it goes against what is expected so perhaps right now is the perfect time to go out and protest. But I do hope everyone is safe and are following the good practices, 2m apart, handwashing, etc. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Tbh. Clubs and the player should be punished for this.

There's a time and place for everything. In the middle of a pandemic is not the time to march the streets and demonstrate. Stupid.

Happy Birthday GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I salute Tyrone Mings for what he is doing and has done. He definitely seems to be carving out an iconic status, I hope he can take it in his stride and it doesn’t affect his football. I hope he has adjusted and continues evolving, because his form noticeably dropped off after his England venture. We just have to hope he can carry it well. UTV

• Like 1

On 05/06/2020 at 00:04, Keyblade said:

Finally sold on Ty being our captain. As much as I love Jack, being the best Villa player I've ever seen, Ty is just a natural leader. Great ambassador for the club.

Mings commands Jack does not, let Jack concentrate with his gameplay against the opposition and let Mings be El Capitan.

Edited by Dave-R

Jack thrives on the extra responsibility, to take the captaincy off him would be a kick in the teeth. Not saying Mings isn't a leader but we do have the worst defence in the league. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Not saying Mings isn't a leader but we do have the worst defence in the league. 

100 % agree. Mings is doing too many mistakes to be captain material.

McGinn would be my first choice after Jack. Heaton 2nd choice

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

100 % agree. Mings is doing too many mistakes to be captain material.

McGinn would be my first choice after Jack. Heaton 2nd choice

Yes I agree about McGinn

Just now, rodders0223 said:

If Mings now had caught corona and was missing for the next 4 games would be quick to praise him?

He's getting paid a lot of money to be fit to play games.

Yes what gets me is that  although its a really really worthy cause, we are still in the middle of a pandemic and looking at those photos of the streets of Brum yesterday, packed with protesters I find it very disrespectful to the 40,000 people that have died and all the NHS workers that are risking their lives trying to save us. Mings is encouraging people to spread the Virus. Do the protests when its safe to do so. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes what gets me is that  although its a really really worthy cause, we are still in the middle of a pandemic and looking at those photos of the streets of Brum yesterday, packed with protesters I find it very disrespectful to the 40,000 people that have died and all the NHS workers that are risking their lives trying to save us. Mings is encouraging people to spread the Virus. Do the protests when its safe to do so. 

Regardless of good intentions it is hypocritical of him.

He said last week he had concerns about the season restarting and here he is in the streets putting himself and other people at risk.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Regardless of good intentions it is hypocritical of him.

He said last week he had concerns about the season restarting and here he is in the streets putting himself and other people at risk.

Is it really any different than you bashing on every day that the league should be restarted and all players will be safe even though they will be at risk playing each other

I fully support Mings and I'm glad he went to the Black Lives Matter protest.

Funny how the government was so blase about VE celebrations but is now telling black people not to protest racist injustice.

This is literal life and death for black people.

Criticise his hypocrisy if he went to the beach to break social distancing sure, but for me, exercising the right to protest, especially on an issue like this is vital.

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I fully support Mings and I'm glad he went to the Black Lives Matter protest.

Funny how the government was so blase about VE celebrations but is now telling black people not to protest racist injustice.

This is literal life and death for black people.

Criticise his hypocrisy if he went to the beach to break social distancing sure, but for me, exercising the right to protest, especially on an issue like this is vital.

In the middle of a pandemic though. Theres a time and place for everything. 

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Is it really any different than you bashing on every day that the league should be restarted and all players will be safe even though they will be at risk playing each other

An closed off training environment with around 30 odd corona tested people compared with hundreds of non tested random people in the streets ignoring safety protocols.

Yeah bud. It's different.

Edited by villalad21

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

An closed off training environment with around 30 odd corona tested people compared with hundreds of non tested random people in the streets ignoring safety protocols.

Yeah bud. It's different.

thousands 

Â