Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

27 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

This kind of complacency gets you relegated I think

Its the reverse of complacency. It's ambition. Something you must have to succeed.

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I think it is more the wives that push for London. Let's be honest. 

if a player was pushing for the nightclub scene its certainly a turn off for a manager.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

if you were foreign young and rich then I would guess that London is probably the only UK city that you know exists

Under the restrictions of PL as you say

If you were foreign, young, rich and average then you’d pick London

If you were foreign, young, rich and excellent then you’d pick Liverpool or Manchester.

Surely you’d only pick London clubs if you couldn’t get a club with a decent chance of trophies

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

Its the reverse of complacency. It's ambition. Something you must have to succeed.

I agree but there is no reason to be complacent, it’s what got us relegated before, remember?

Thanks for the read, hopefully when the seasons returns, Mings can go back to his early season form. He was brilliant at the start of the season which earned his England call up. Every player goes through a slight dip in form, it’s how the player bounces back from it that defines them, mental strength is key. 

• Like 1

If we go down wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Leicester, was thinking Wolves as well as another side he might be suited to, but as he's not a Mendes client and doesn't play for one of the clubs that Mendes controls then I'm not sure if they'd pay the money for him. Then again he comes across as the kind of guy that might stick around, couldn't blame him if wanted to stay in the prem though, especially with the Euros coming up next summer.

Tyrone is along with Jack and John McGinn, one of the three players, that will be most likely to determine whether we go down or stay up. You just have to think back to the play-off final, to know how much these remaining games will mean to them. They will want to do it for us, for themselves and for our club. Would any of us really want to bet against them? ;)

4 minutes ago, John said:

Tyrone is along with Jack and John McGinn, one of the three players, that will be most likely to determine whether we go down or stay up. You just have to think back to the play-off final, to know how much these remaining games will mean to them. They will want to do it for us, for themselves and for our club. Would any of us really want to bet against them? ;)

No other defender in the league have made more mistakes that has led to goals than Tyrone Mings.

He was brilliant last season. But Tyrone has to improve a lot for us to survive. He's not been anywhere near good enough this season.

He has been the last line of our defence rather often as well villalad21 and has through last ditch clearances prevented considerably more goals than he has caused. Nevertheless, if you want to back against him, that's a choice that you are free to make. It's just not a choice that many of us would make ourselves.    

• Like 1

A good back line doesn't need to do last ditch clearances because of good defensive structure and good positioning.

Relying on last ditch clearances isn't a sustainable strategy. We have to prevent shots from happening in the first place. We have to defend better as a team.

I think this guy is setting himself up for something bigger than just a footballer, community leader and role model, good for him

Now we need to make it good for the club... Get fully on board with him, I think he can overtake Jack as the face of the club 

The problem is if he needs to over take Jack as the face of the club... I can see his off the field activities being very popular with some of the London clubs

7 hours ago, Farlz said:

There are a lot of players who, when pressure starts getting on top, don't like it and don't like to be in those situations.

Blimey. Talk about calling out your teammates! I wonder who he means? “A lot of players”. I reckon he means pretty much everyone apart from Jack, SJM and himself. If that is true we are probably pretty much doomed anyway.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Blimey. Talk about calling out your teammates! I wonder who he means? “A lot of players”. I reckon he means pretty much everyone apart from Jack, SJM and himself. If that is true we are probably pretty much doomed anyway.

I see it differently. Players that struggle with the pressure of the crowd will no longer have an issue.  

Every game will be a level playing field so it will come down to a combination of better players, fitness and who wants it more.

Now we all know we haven’t got better players than most of our opposition. But I do think we will want it more in several of our remaining games considering what’s at stake. 

• Like 2

Â