Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

23 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Irrelevant. Covid-19 doesn't distinguish between the level of clearing in the woods a person has been. The more people you mix with the more chance of catching it. It's not rocket science!

Surely it's not irrelevant? The context of something will always determine whether the behaviour and action was appropriate or not. 

40 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Grealish was publicly vilified for breaking lockdown rules and so should Mings be.

If the club didn’t give him permission to go then I personally think he should be fined the same way Grealish was.

But there is no way they would have not allowed it. 

You should probably discuss implications with your employer before doing something that is against the law and likely to hinder your ability to do your job/put others in your job at risk down the line.

Whilst the context of Mings' actions would make what he did acceptable in my view, if he didnt consider the people that pay his wages and the safety of the people he works with in his actions then that would warrant a response from the club. 

Who's to say he didnt get the all clear from them anyway?

Edited by MrBlack

I think Mings announced that he was going to the protest on twitter, if Grealish had have announced what he was going to do on twitter the police probably would have got involved to stop him.

5 minutes ago, useless said:

I think Mings announced that he was going to the protest on twitter, if Grealish had have announced what he was going to do on twitter the police probably would have got involved to stop him.

At least Mings didn't announce on social media that he wasn't going only to be caught on camera doing it anyway.

1 minute ago, Mister_a said:

What the hell has he got to apologise for?

Ignoring safety rules. Encouraging people to march the streets in the middle of a pandemic.

We could get another big wave of infected after this.

I can appreciate fighting racism. But this is not the time or place for it.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

Ignoring safety rules. Encouraging people to march the streets in the middle of a pandemic.

Could you let everyone know when the correct time and place is then please? I'll pass the message on.

• Like 2

Just now, Mister_a said:

Could you let everyone know when the correct time and place is then please? I'll pass the message on.

Yeah, when it's safe to do so. Not in the middle of a pandemic in one of the most Covid-19 affected country in Europe.

• Like 1

villa fans...never happy

he didn't do anything wrong, talk of him getting fined or ticked off by the club or having to apologise is utter bullshit and also suicide for the club, even if they didn't agree with what it did they've got to bite their tongue and get on with it because if they go after him over it then the club is hanging themselves

personally I have no problem with what he's done, he gets tested, he's been told its perfectly safe to play football, again we're back to the argument of its safe to play football but its not safe to do this, or this, or this this and this which is bollocks from the start, people are acting like he's definitely going to get corona, he's definitely going to give it to half the squad and we're definitely going to get relegated and he should be held accountable...need to have a word with yourself 

stand by him and be proud of who he is and what he represents and hope our club backs him all the way, maybe one day our fans will do the same too

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

but it is the time and place for football?

• Like 3

Just now, villalad21 said:

Yeah, when it's safe to do so. Not in the middle of a pandemic in one of the most Covid-19 affected country in Europe.

So how does that stand alongside your insistence that football should be back asap?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

So how does that stand alongside your insistence that football should be back asap?

Comparing thousand of people marching together ignoring safety rules to a training ground consisting of 20-30 Corona tested people, taking safety measures.

Great logic there. Why do i even bother explaining this to people on here 100 times? It doesn't get across to you regardless.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Comparing thousand of people marching together ignoring safety rules to a training ground consisting of 20-30 Corona tested people, taking safety measures.

Great logic there.

Don't talk to me about logic, mr flip flop.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mister_a said:

Don't talk to me about logic, mr flip flop.

Surely we know this dance by now? Whatever Smith or any player does they should have done the opposite.

And had they done the opposite we all know it would have been wrong anyway.

Just hit ignore and don't quote. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

Surely we know this dance by now? Whatever Smith or any player does they should have done the opposite.

And had they done the opposite we all know it would have been wrong anyway.

Just hit ignore and don't quote. 

I'll give it another go. :)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

The social distance rules of 2 metres applied in both situations and the ban on large gatherings of people from different households applied in both situations.

jack was inside, ty was outside...another big difference. its still illegal to be inside with someone from another household, even if you're distancing

Â