Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Disappointed for Mings, delighted for Villa. 

His going would have meant training with the idiots at England, sitting on a bench, and coming back to us part of an England team that will inevitably come home failures.

Staying with us gets him a training camp with the football genius that is Unai Emery, and protection from the vitriol that would have otherwise come his way.

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Really gutted for him as playing at a World Cup must be the pinnacle for any player.

Maguire makes it though? Hardly picking a player on form there is he?

He'll be first name on the team sheet as well.  Along with Kalvin '14 minutes' Phillips.

• Like 3

Ty has never let England down, a few high profile mistakes and toss pots who only watch football on MOTD or Twitter act like he’s the worst defender ever. A lot of is driven by agendas - one of which is because of who Ty is. He’s objectively a better defender and ball carrier than most of the others who got called up. Southgate is a clueless yes man. I’m glad he can focus on us instead. World Cup is going to be a giant farce anyways. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Given his activism it would be hypocrisy of him to play in Qatar.

I'm not knocking any of them, but I'm slightly surprised that not one player has boycotted it, to my knowledge at least.

I guess you only get so many world cup's, it's a big sacrifice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

I'm not knocking any of them, but I'm slightly surprised that not one player has boycotted it, to my knowledge at least.

I guess you only get so many world cup's, it's a big sacrifice.

I know. It's sad.

Money talks unfortunately.

I feel for him on a personal level as he seems like a great guy and it would have no doubt been a huge moment for him, but yeah probably most beneficial for Villa to have as many players staying as possible and it's not like I'm English where I'd have a vested interest.

For what it's worth as much as I'd have probably have him in (biased) I don't really think it's an outrage at all, he's pretty much in a group of several players that could be easily interchanged based on a number of factors. Tomori is the most stark omission in that area of the pitch for me.

23 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I feel for him on a personal level as he seems like a great guy and it would have no doubt been a huge moment for him, but yeah probably most beneficial for Villa to have as many players staying as possible and it's not like I'm English where I'd have a vested interest.

For what it's worth as much as I'd have probably have him in (biased) I don't really think it's an outrage at all, he's pretty much in a group of several players that could be easily interchanged based on a number of factors. Tomori is the most stark omission in that area of the pitch for me.

I'd agree with this, although I'd say Tyrone would probably bring a little more balance than some of the others, being left footed and capable of covering as a left back if required. Tomori should probably be going ahead of Mings in truth, both of them are unfortunate to miss out when you look at who are occupying those positions. Maguire should not be going as he's woefully out of form and confidence, Dier has had plenty chances and is proven not good enough, Coady is decent, not exactly pacy, I'm not sure he's any better than the others that have missed out.

Edited by Teale's 'tache
typo in my typo

Mings is not at the level to be playing international football.

He has a mistake in him, i.e the missed header against Chelsea  and the own goal against Fulham.

I would go as far as saying the defenders that missed out on making the squad are better than him, Tomori, Smalling ect.

Unfortunately Tyrone Mings is not an International player.

8 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

He has a mistake in him, i.e the missed header against Chelsea  and the own goal against Fulham.

I would go as far as saying the defenders that missed out on making the squad are better than him, Tomori, Smalling ect.

His performances and stats when playing at international level suggest otherwise. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Hrmm well this is super peculiar then..

0D17C94F-1BA0-4348-990C-2AAED9B43864.jpeg.fb5fdb5d537a855881192cfd5a1d0fa8.jpeg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

As in Chris Smalling? Is he doing that well at Roma? I genuinely haven’t seen him but thought he was pretty past it now internationally speaking

Â