Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Brilliantly called out…

Unfortunately, that Mark Goldbridge has  a lot of clout online (I really don’t know why) and he’s just perpetuating the “Mings is shit” line even longer

depressing when a good strong footballer is getting disrespected by the lies of the biggest cry baby online 

Disgusting Mings was class today shocking.

Mings is definitely a grafting CB...block tackles.....body on the line.....and a voice in the backline.

However, as I said in the match thread....he still needs to be more composed with the ball....did his usual thing....on the halfway line....hoof in to the stratosphere when he could have controlled the ball....then got mugged off from the 20ft bounce of it....then gave the foul away on the edge of the box....which on another day KDB could have scored from the free kick...saved by the bar.

Take these silly parts out and there is a quality defender....who could be knocking on Gareths door.

You pit Mings up against someone big then you get a perfromance out of him. Its what he ia most confortable with. He very rarely gets bullied by a big man. Its the smaller and stockier ones he struggles wirh. The Gabriel Jesus  the Dan James, the Mo Salahs  

He did well yesterday. Very well. After watching Joe Worrall get thrown around by Haaland in midweek i expected the worst  but the reality was Mings was far more at home against Haaland than Jesus. Shouldn't have doubted that . Its there to be seen throughout his Villa career. 

40 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

You pit Mings up against someone big then you get a perfromance out of him. Its what he ia most confortable with. He very rarely gets bullied by a big man. Its the smaller and stockier ones he struggles wirh. The Gabriel Jesus  the Dan James, the Mo Salahs  

He did well yesterday. Very well. After watching Joe Worrall get thrown around by Haaland in midweek i expected the worst  but the reality was Mings was far more at home against Haaland than Jesus. Shouldn't have doubted that . Its there to be seen throughout his Villa career. 

As I said yesterday. Thankfully the rest of their forward line didn't turn up! 

• Like 1

It’s amazing how people are making excuses for Man City. They could have rested players as they have a CL game with Sevilla midweek I believe but turned up with basically their best 11 as they wanted the 3 points.

Pep was unhappy, Villa came to play. 

Mings was awesome today, put Haaland in his pocket.

• Like 1

Could have easily kept Haaland to 0 goals, the cross shouldn’t have come in Mcginn was hapless in the build up to their goal lost KDB twice. Should have remembered the “details of defending and watched his emergency areas” 🤣

18 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

Yes he played great i love him i love how he came to us. But i dont want him to be our captain.I think he has behaviour or attitude  problems and i think one of the greatest players and captains sees it.

I think he is very emotional.

I dont like his arms flailing blaiming others.

I dont like his over confidence.

I dont like his over agressive attitude. Yesterday i think digne made a mistake we were in trouble we defended and  mings was on the ground hitting grass with his hand.Digne tried to help him out but saw the grass hitting and it looked like he was weirded out by it.

I noticed that when he was a captain if he would make a mistake he would get quiet lower his head but if others would make a mistake he goes on them full screaming. Hes own individual  mistakes cost us alot of goals and i didint see any screaming at him from others. Well there was el ghazi who tried to headbutt him once.

He is big intimidating guy who is very respected at club without being a captain he has alot of power you just cant give him all the power you just asking for problems.

I think you've got a point. I prefer Mings not being captain, but the mistake Gerrard made was taking it off him and giving it to the abject McGinn. Mings was superb yesterday, but he needs to take that form into the forthcoming games, as do the rest of the team. I think Mings looks at his best when we're under the cosh and he's got a big unit like Haaland to mark. I'd like to see more from him when he's up against the trickier forwards like Jesus. Basically, like Gerrard, he's now got to back yesterday up for the rest of the season. I'm sure he will.

Â