Villa Park Atmosphere

wilko154

I had to re-allocate from the North Stand last night and ended up in the lower Doug where the away fans usually sit.  Atmosphere in the "away" section around me was brilliant, everyone standing up made it feel more like an away game than a home game.  What was noticeable, and I'm not sure if any match photo's show this, but the STH in the lower Doug next to the away area were all sat down and there seemed a distinct divide.  Anyhow brilliant night, brilliant result and onto Wembley!

Another thing I noticed from last night is just how awesome a full Villa Park looks like for an away fan, you can see why so many away supporters rank Villa as their favourite away ground.

• Like 1

Everyone I know who went to the game said the atmosphere was fantastic.

Sky Sports on the other hand truly botched their production and totally **** up the sound, creating the impression that the atmosphere inside VP was pretty shit.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Sky Sports on the other hand truly botched their production and totally **** up the sound, creating the impression that the atmosphere inside VP was pretty shit.

How unlike Scum Sports to mess something up. That's not like them at all.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

Did Sky tinker with the sound? Sounded like they had recorded tape playing at times.

1 hour ago, Elton said:

I was at the game and have watched it back on TV since. I think it’s clear that the crowd volume was turned down on the TV. When watching it back this seems very obvious as various mics are lowered or switched off. Poor from Sky.

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Well if that's the case it's explained. 

59 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I was in Upper Holte and it was as good as it’s been.

I rewatched the game on TV and the sound was dreadful. It was so bad I’m thinking of contacting Sky to find out why.

Not just the phasing out of the Holte for much of the first half but the turning up of the North Stand mics.

I know they blur the chanting when it’s an “ obsecene” one, but as you say it was VERY clear certain mics were lowered, others heightened, and others seemed to be off.

We pay subs to Sky to watch the football and think the sound quality should match the picture quality. It was really awful.

58 minutes ago, terrytini said:

See my Post above. 
Yes they did. 
They always do, at every game, but this was particularly badly done.

46 minutes ago, KHV said:

Anfield is like a library. They sing YNWA pre kick off and then only make a noise when they score

If Liverpool don’t score you can hear a pin drop

The place is a myth 

36 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Agree. Every time I’ve been, including once in the Kip, ( no spellcheck error here 🙂) it’s been like the Holte at its worst.

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Apologies for the multi multiple quotes but its relevant to all.

I've been to Anfield many times and the atmosphere there is a myth. Its the same at Old Trafford.

Sky pander to the ''top 6'' and inflate the atmosphere at these grounds by turning up the mic when it suits them.

Crikey you only have to see a Liverpool game and for the YNWA song at the start the commentators go quiet, camera pans around the ground and the mic volume goes up. It's a wankfest.

Go to Old Trafford and theres a handful who sing. Watch the game on Sky and it sounds like the whole of the Stretford End are giving it large.

I am not saying we are better or worse than anyone else just that tv companies manipulate things to suit them when it suits and in Sky's situation there is a definate bias to the top 6.

I have not read a single post from anyone who said they were at the game last night saying anything other than it was electric.

• Like 1

I’ve been to Anfield a few times and can confirm what others have said, for most of the game you could hear a pin drop. In fact we did the “shhhhhh” and cup your ears thing and if I’d have had a pin....

The last time I went to Old Trafford a client, who is a Man U season ticket holder, took me on a corporate package. All very professional, meal, prematch speech from a Man U legend, Norman Whiteside on this occasion and then you’re shown to your padded seat. They stuffed us 4-0, 2 goals in each half. I was seated at the same end as our fans but in the other corner, all you could here was us, predominantly singing, “Even Fergie says you’re shit!”  

It was an almost surreal experience, like you were on a corporate jolly and they had arranged a match as an extra treat. It didn’t feel like going to a game at all. I’ve actually been to a corporate experience at Villa Park, my mate’s firm bought it for him for his birthday and 4 of us went. We all had to give away our season tickets on The Holte, which I missed from start to finish. It was the Sunderland 6-1 game and although it wasn’t the same as being in The Holte it still felt like we were at a football match. It was still real and we still all went mental in the Director’s box every time we scored. 

Now I live in The Highlands and miss The Holte every game, I particularly feel it on nights like last night. However I’m down for the Spurs game and so I’ll get a fix. UTV!!!

1 hour ago, withes_shin said:

Another thing I noticed from last night is just how awesome a full Villa Park looks like for an away fan, you can see why so many away supporters rank Villa as their favourite away ground.

My mate is a Wolves fan and always says Villa Park is his favourite away ground, and he's done the lot. 

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

I know why MON moved the Away fans but after last night I think we should swap back. 

Having the North Standers singing from the side really added to the noise as we all became more linked and as one. 

I think we would struggle to move fans back to the North Stand, because the PL regulations mean that away allocations are capped at 3,000, and fans have to have at least one block pitchside. I don't think the lower North is big enough to hold 3,000 and the whole North Stand is more like 5,000, so it only works for cup games. Plus I think the move was also to get away fans further from the family area, which is fair enough.

19 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’ve been to Anfield a few times and can confirm what others have said, for most of the game you could hear a pin drop. In fact we did the “shhhhhh” and cup your ears thing and if I’d have had a pin....

The last time I went to Old Trafford a client, who is a Man U season ticket holder, took me on a corporate package. All very professional, meal, prematch speech from a Man U legend, Norman Whiteside on this occasion and then you’re shown to your padded seat. They stuffed us 4-0, 2 goals in each half. I was seated at the same end as our fans but in the other corner, all you could here was us, predominantly singing, “Even Fergie says you’re shit!”  

It was an almost surreal experience, like you were on a corporate jolly and they had arranged a match as an extra treat. It didn’t feel like going to a game at all. I’ve actually been to a corporate experience at Villa Park, my mate’s firm bought it for him for his birthday and 4 of us went. We all had to give away our season tickets on The Holte, which I missed from start to finish. It was the Sunderland 6-1 game and although it wasn’t the same as being in The Holte it still felt like we were at a football match. It was still real and we still all went mental in the Director’s box every time we scored. 

Now I live in The Highlands and miss The Holte every game, I particularly feel it on nights like last night. However I’m down for the Spurs game and so I’ll get a fix. UTV!!!

I sat in corporate for the 6-1 game too, next to Marc Albrightons box with him and his family, he was going nuts for every goal

• Like 1

Atmosphere was banging last night, sounded like surround sound.

30 pages of butt hurt Leicester fans I've been reading, which makes for some comical laughter. When I usually go onto other fans sites I must admit even blues don't get this depressed, must be about 80% of foxes fans are proper hating on us, I've only ever seen one club worse which was Newcastle website.

So the Foxes fans are hating on us, having on Grealish, wishing and seeing our demise from the premier along with a thrashing in the final from Man city, I really hope we prove them wrong on alot if not all of that.

Gutted I couldn't be there for this , the whole night looked amazing. Would love have asked any of our players coming off the field would you prefer play in a cup tie or have a night off (this is what football is about klopp) 

On side note the whole pitch invasion looked good natured only for one or two , if the tit that put up the video on YouTube of him running towards Leicester player swearing at them is reading this , take your stupid video down

23 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Atmosphere was banging last night, sounded like surround sound.

30 pages of butt hurt Leicester fans I've been reading, which makes for some comical laughter. When I usually go onto other fans sites I must admit even blues don't get this depressed, must be about 80% of foxes fans are proper hating on us, I've only ever seen one club worse which was Newcastle website.

So the Foxes fans are hating on us, having on Grealish, wishing and seeing our demise from the premier along with a thrashing in the final from Man city, I really hope we prove them wrong on alot if not all of that.

Just had a quick look over the first few pages on ‘FoxesTalk’ (which sounds shit btw) and to be fair to them most of the posts are pretty reasonable really, I’ve seen far worse.

1 hour ago, pete101 said:

On side note the whole pitch invasion looked good natured only for one or two , if the tit that put up the video on YouTube of him running towards Leicester player swearing at them is reading this , take your stupid video down

I don't condone what fans did to Maddison, bang out of order whoever side did it, whether it was Villa fans or mad angry Leicester city fans blaming Maddy.

It was just wrong, apart from that the pitch Invasion was ok, but when serious things happen in invasions then thats what they will be remembered for because there will be those who use that as another bit of ammunition to put the fences back up.

So much for Maggie Thatcher response to Hooligans, we seem to be at a point it's making a comeback and it will do now society and football can no longer be properly policed because of cutbacks

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Just had a quick look over the first few pages on ‘FoxesTalk’ (which sounds shit btw) and to be fair to them most of the posts are pretty reasonable really, I’ve seen far worse.

It gets abit worse trust me, worst I've seen was Newcastle fan forum, that was just horrible.

I've sent a post on there site because of what happened to Maddison, I don't want Leicester fans thinking were all a bunch of idiots because it shouldn't of happened. I mean it could of been worse what happened to Maddison. Its no difference to what Jack went through with that idiot from city when he was sent flying, our fans should of known better than to pull something like that off, we had won though.

I bet there's nothing more scarier to opposition players when a home crowd come invading the pitch, you just don't know what's going to happen and at anytime someone could be killed. Whoever are the ones who pushed Maddy over, they need to be dealt with by Aston Villa and the club need to show them there is no room for that behaviour, they have probably ruined future pitch invasions.

We could be deducted points for that behaviour as well could we not??? If we go down because of fans, god help them, I would not want to be those fans who screwed up premier survival dreams for a club.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

It gets abit worse trust me, worst I've seen was Newcastle fan forum, that was just horrible.

I've sent a post on there site because of what happened to Maddison, I don't want Leicester fans thinking were all a bunch of idiots because it shouldn't of happened. I mean it could of been worse what happened to Maddison. Its no difference to what Jack went through with that idiot from city when he was sent flying, our fans should of known better than to pull something like that off, we had won though.

I bet there's nothing more scarier to opposition players when a home crowd come invading the pitch, you just don't know what's going to happen and at anytime someone could be killed. Whoever are the ones who pushed Maddy over, they need to be dealt with by Aston Villa and the club need to show them there is no room for that behaviour, they have probably ruined future pitch invasions.

We could be deducted points for that behaviour as well could we not??? If we go down because of fans, god help them, I would not want to be those fans who screwed up premier survival dreams for a club.

I've not seen the footage of what happened to Maddison, but if he's been pushed over then they should be banned. I've never understood pitch invasions whether they be good natured or not

The club make enough announcements to stay off the pitch, just proves the level of respect or lack of it.  No wonder some of the stewards wouldn't have looked out of place in the Gestapo.

23 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I've not seen the footage of what happened to Maddison, but if he's been pushed over then they should be banned

Went down far to easy, Again! 

• Haha 2

Â