Villa Park Atmosphere

wilko154

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

VP is like a mini Anfield on nights like this. Our second leg record in two legged ties is pretty good down the years. Even the Bolton one in 2004 we didn't get through but comfortably won the home league.

Mate, please delete that bit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Villa Park... such a magical and loud place. Good on everyone there for making their voices heard.

I’m jealous of all of you who have been to VP. I can only dream of being there, for now. I have the wife on record saying we’re headed there for my 30th birthday. Only 4 years away.

27th Birthdays are important too! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Anfield is like a shitter quieter copy of Villa Park on nights like this, but with more sponsored flags and self inflated "fans" 

And don’t forget the speakers playing “fan noise” to make it sound a better atmosphere (anfield that is).

Personally don’t think it was as good an atmosphere as Everton this season, but it was still good and got the players going when needed  

Edited by mikeyp102

2 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Villa Park... such a magical and loud place. Good on everyone there for making their voices heard.

I’m jealous of all of you who have been to VP. I can only dream of being there, for now. I have the wife on record saying we’re headed there for my 30th birthday. Only 4 years away.

Its been years since I could go :( I miss it dearly. I used to love sitting in the Trinity, as close to the benches as I could get. Class ground with very few bad seats. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Sod the dark ages crap. I would be on the pitch after that!

....  in full kit .....

..... with AVFC jester hat.

Come at me :)

I'll be next to you like this

B_hKdwJUYAA7GMc.jpg

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

On the telly the stadium was quiet most of the match. Said as much in the match thread. Sounded close to a library at times. 

It was quiet when the second half started and a few other points in the second half. 

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

On the telly the stadium was quiet most of the match. Said as much in the match thread. Sounded close to a library at times. 

which is why you shouldn't make judgements on atmosphere based on what you see/hear through the tele. Not saying you've been categorical here, but you do see the odd comment from tele-watchers saying stuff like "the atmosphere's sh1t" etc, and really, they aint got a clue

that said, it wasn't a patch on Everton 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slowandlow said:

which is why you shouldn't make judgements on atmosphere based on what you see/hear through the tele. Not saying you've been categorical here, but you do see the odd comment from tele-watchers saying stuff like "the atmosphere's sh1t" etc, and really, they aint got a clue

that said, it wasn't a patch on Everton 

When you've watched hundreds of matches from Villa Park on the TV, you KNOW when Villa Park is rocking. And for the large parts of the match yesterday it wasn't. 

• Haha 1

Interesting tweet here on last nights atmosphere from Henry Winter

He has a very good point. However, the FA will never allow it to happen as its a purely financial decision. 

The fans do not matter or come in to it !!!!

Edited by imavillan
added comment ref FA
  • Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

When you have attended hundreds of matches at Villa Park like I have (pretty much every game since 1983) and a fair few away days you know when Villa Park is rocking and for large parts of last night it was rocking. 

Was decent around 1-0. Probably good from 93 min on. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Sweet jesus. "Mini Anfield". Go sit in the corner and think about what you've done. 

Indeed ,Villa park can be toxic at times but when its really rocking I don’t think any stadium generates more noise , this anfield thing is a myth, anfiled doesn't rock like villa park its more like a choir singing its ynwa hym 

• Like 1

Â