Villa Park Atmosphere

wilko154

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You could tell they were messing with the sound last night, in parts it kept cutting in and out....may have been a genuine problem rather than intentional but defo wasn’t right.

I watched on Sky and kept thinking that the sound was going up and down, sometimes even when nothing much happened but the sound went higher. Then, when Villa attacked or did something good, it was strangely low. 

Without doubt, they didn't do that game justice last night. 

I get pitch invasions when you haven’t reached Wembley or had any success for years. Or if you’re small club with a big scalp.

Bur we’ve been too Wembley for the past 2 seasons. Yesterday was all a bit silly and unnecessary really. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

It gets abit worse trust me, worst I've seen was Newcastle fan forum, that was just horrible.

I've sent a post on there site because of what happened to Maddison, I don't want Leicester fans thinking were all a bunch of idiots because it shouldn't of happened. I mean it could of been worse what happened to Maddison. Its no difference to what Jack went through with that idiot from city when he was sent flying, our fans should of known better than to pull something like that off, we had won though.

I bet there's nothing more scarier to opposition players when a home crowd come invading the pitch, you just don't know what's going to happen and at anytime someone could be killed. Whoever are the ones who pushed Maddy over, they need to be dealt with by Aston Villa and the club need to show them there is no room for that behaviour, they have probably ruined future pitch invasions.

We could be deducted points for that behaviour as well could we not??? If we go down because of fans, god help them, I would not want to be those fans who screwed up premier survival dreams for a club.

Points deduction for a cup semi final, can’t see it myself. Idiots though for getting involved with players. 

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Points deduction for a cup semi final, can’t see it myself. Idiots though for getting involved with players. 

It's the fact the fans attacked Maddison, not controlling our fans is one thing but when players start getting hurt you just never know.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dave-R said:

It's the fact the fans attacked Maddison, not controlling our fans is one thing but when players start getting hurt you just never know.

I think we can expect some heavy punishment, and I couldn't blame them. Repeat offenders for this kind of thing. Leicester supporting friend of mine said that both Vardy and Maddison were pushed to the ground. Absolutely no need for it. I was a bit embarrassed to see the supporters 3 deep at the end of the lower tiers waiting for the final whistle so they could storm the pitch.

As has been said before, we're not a small club and we're not starved of Wembley visits. It shouldn't happen.

Maybe we should just behave like man city and not celebrate at all , lets get it in perspective , leicester fans were fighting with the police , man city and man u throwing chairs at each other , but we make the headlines. In other news when Shrewsbury celebrated a draw the same way , it was labelled as great scenes.

12 hours ago, Dave-R said:

them lot down the road set a precedent (did they actually ever even get punished?)

we will get a fine but nothing more

it is getting a bit daft, the last minute goal nature of our victory could be attributed to it but in reality its now a thing, it wont go away, it'll happen every time we go to wembley

14 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I watched on Sky and kept thinking that the sound was going up and down, sometimes even when nothing much happened but the sound went higher. Then, when Villa attacked or did something good, it was strangely low. 

Without doubt, they didn't do that game justice last night. 

Yes I felt it was the same. I thought they must be playing with some new auto adjusting technology so not to drown out the commentators, but it just made it sound weird. 

18 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

Maybe we should just behave like man city and not celebrate at all

Yes of course, because there is nothing in between assaulting opposition players and not celebrating at all 🙄

• 2 months later...

I think the North Stand should be demolished and replaced with a curved "echo wall" that would allow sound to reverberate around the stadium. 

It would need to be designed by an acoustic engineer, connecting the Trinity Road and DE stands. 

It would be stylish and unique.. perhaps made from red brick, steel, glass and/or plastic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scarboro_villan said:

I think the North Stand should be demolished and replaced with a curved "echo wall" that would allow sound to reverberate around the stadium. 

It would need to be designed by an acoustic engineer, connecting the Trinity Road and DE stands. 

It would be stylish and unique.. perhaps made from red brick, steel, glass and/or plastic. 

As insane ideas go, that's right up there. 

5 hours ago, scarboro_villan said:

It would certainly be unique. 

It would leave us with the slight problem of where we'll fit the people that have already struggled to get into Villa Park this season. I don't know if you've noticed, but we've sold out every single home game and have 7,000 people on a waiting list for season tickets. Removing 8,000 seats doesn't seem to me to be the best way forward.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It would leave us with the slight problem of where we'll fit the people that have already struggled to get into Villa Park this season. I don't know if you've noticed, but we've sold out every single home game and have 7,000 people on a waiting list for season tickets. Removing 8,000 seats doesn't seem to me to be the best way forward.

I actually hadn't, my apologies. In which case, the options seem to be demolishion and replacement (my preference), or expressing even greater support for safe standing. The seats are rather narrow in the North, like the away section at the the KC, so it seems logical to gut them at the very least, when safe standing gets the green light. 

Edited by scarboro_villan

1 minute ago, scarboro_villan said:

I actually hadn't, my apologies. In which case, the options seem to be demolishion and replacement (my preference), or expressing even greater support for safe standing. The seats are rather narrow in the North, like the away section at the the KC, so it seems logical to gut them at the very least. 

Sadly, there's so little profit in additional seating that it's unlikely we'll see a redevelopment any time soon.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sadly, there's so little profit in additional seating that it's unlikely we'll see a redevelopment any time soon.

I know the club has said as much, but like you, I think it's a shame.

• Like 1

Â