Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

We've got some great characters coming through and the good thing about that is they're very keen to learn. If they've already soaked up some great lessons from Dean and his coaching staff and now have a new team of excellent coaches to pick up more from, they'll be learning a great deal at the start of their professional careers. 

Really hope he kicks on now. I thought he looked unplayable in league one in his little stint but I wasn't convinced he was ready for the premier league. A lot has been made of Chukwuemeka too which made me think his chances would be even more limited but he's taking this opportunity with both hands and really proving myself and others wrong. Couldn't be happier for him. 

It's a brilliant tonic after the end of the Grealish / Smith era to have another local lad out there really living out the fans dreams 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tomav84 said:

can't imagine going on camera in front of millions of people now, let alone when i was 20. fair play to him for doing it

Once you have done your first money shot its a piece of cake

Admittedly he was in a much worse team but I'd say Ramsey is actually looking significantly better and more consistent overall than Grealish did at his age. Doesn't mean he'll end up as good at 26 of course but this lad can still get A LOT better.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I wonder what his value is right now? Considering he is an England U21 international, plays regularly for a mid table PL team and has scored a couple of really nice goals.

According to transfermarkt 7.5 mil. Though I think he should probably be in the 25 mil region based on their valuations of other players. 

Like James Justin, Tanganga, Livramento, Ramsey and Chalobah are less valuable than Tom Davies, Cantwell, Aarons and Willock. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

According to transfermarkt 7.5 mil. Though I think he should probably be in the 25 mil region based on their valuations of other players. 

Like James Justin, Tanganga, Livramento, Ramsey and Chalobah are less valuable than Tom Davies, Cantwell, Aarons and Willock. 

Yeah I'd also say that around 20M+ would be fair, wouldn't sell him for that though!

Ramsey and Jack are different players and characters.  He does have massive potential. I have already said he will be better than Mcginn in a couple of seasons and I stand by that.

I want to see a Stevie's boys first team in 2 or 3 seasons time. With both Ramseys, Kessler, Chrisene, Irebogum, and both Chukwuemekas. I really think they could all make it. It's a long shot, but it would be amazing.

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Ramsey and Jack are different players and characters.  He does have massive potential. I have already said he will be better than Mcginn in a couple of seasons and I stand by that.

I want to see a Stevie's boys first team in 2 or 3 seasons time. With both Ramseys, Kessler, Chrisene, Irebogum, and both Chukwuemekas. I really think they could all make it. It's a long shot, but it would be amazing.

Yep . I dream of a totally homegrown midfield. Pick 3 from Carney Tim Aaron Jacob Ben Lemare and Arjan

Theres scary potential in those 7 . Lets be honest Some will drop off eventually but they are all talented enough . Its good to dream !  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mantis said:

Admittedly he was in a much worse team but I'd say Ramsey is actually looking significantly better and more consistent overall than Grealish did at his age. Doesn't mean he'll end up as good at 26 of course but this lad can still get A LOT better.

Grealish didn't have his head on straight at that age. Took a freak kidney injury to get his head right at 22/23. Jacob is still 2/3 years away from that age so who knows? Not too many box to box goal-scoring midfielders these days. I can see him being highly sought after if he continues to progress.

• Like 2

Words of praise from Gerrard in the presser today: "He’s a fantastic talent, I think he’s further ahead than what I was at 20, in terms of a lot of aspects of his game. “If he keeps improving his game, I don’t see why he can’t go all the way to the very top.”

Great example of where you have to just trust the managers that see the players day in day out know what they doing. Yes he was raw and made mistakes when Smith kept fielding him. Fans kept saying he shouldn’t play but if he didn’t play them games how would he ever have get better at this level? Managers know when a player is ready and good enough or not. 

• Like 1

Reminds me a bit of Mason Mount a couple of years ago where fans couldnt see what all the fuss was about but those in the game were waxing lyrical about him. 

Its his tactical ability that really sets him apart. Gerrard trusted him to play as a 10 despite it not being his position because he understands football. The goals and assists will come thick and fast now as he matures. 

• Like 1

Â