Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

8 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I admit I didn't really see it. He offered plenty of endeavour, but looked a little like a rabbit in the headlights at times. Sometimes we overhype our youth players and this felt like another case of that following a couple of average-y performances. As the season wore on he was trusted less and less by the gaffer too, I may be wrong but I don't recall him starting a game after February? 

This season he has been a revelation, he has stepped it up a gear and looks every bit the part as a Premier League footballer. I still think he drifts in and out of games, but Gerrard's reliance on his wide centre mids keeps him involved more often than previously and he has found the confidence to go and utilise his special power, driving into space with the ball. If there isn't space, he will make it for himself with his physicality. 

To claim you saw this coming, well fair play to you. That's some outstanding scouting, however feels a bit off to call people out for not quite feeling as confident when he hadn't really shown anything like this. 

As it stands today, he looks like he still has another gear in him. Which is frightening. 

Mate if I'm honest I wasn't even sure " WHAT " I saw in the beginning.

I just commented that, the fact that he didn't seem out of place, was a large positive. ( Also, had faith in the fact that the Manager and staff seemed to have great hope in him )

Also, made the point back then that, not every midfielder has to come out being flashy or doing fancy things ( which seems to be what people were looking for ).

I've always thought at worst, he would become a very solid, if unspectacular midfielder, due to his attributes.

Yes we do tend to overhype our youngsters at times, but that's another thing I've noted, most times it's the overhyped ones which fall by the wayside. Ramsey has been a silent creeper.

I think at times he was being held to an unreasonable standard, and some of that could have come from frustration about certain results and performances.

I've always liked his attitude as well, and he just seems a good kid, so I've been fiercely defensive of him.

As you say, he doesn't even seem like he is near his peak yet, just imagine when his confidence goes up another notch, and the team around him improves.

He will have bad performances in the future as well, I just hope he has started doing enough, for people to realise we have a talent to nurture and be patient with here.

Ironically, I was one who " never really saw it " with Chukwuemeka, but he is winning me over now.

I also never " saw it " with Jack Greaish early doors either ! 😂

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

For me when he came into the team for the Wolves game (did we win one nil) he wasn’t spectacular but looked like he “should” be there.

He did all the right things.

Hes not another Jack who could be? However he will have a very good top level career.

Hopefully with us. UTV

• Like 1

What a solo goal. Citeh were sniffing around in the summer and you can see why. To do that at his age, and for it not to be unexpected, goodness me what a talent. Imagine how many more he will score and especially under SG.

Loved that after his goal the players sort of nudged him into carrying it. I know at one point he looked to pass to McGinn, but McGinn urged him to take the ball forward instead. The goal will give him a huge boost, but having that backing from your teammates and knowing that they trust you, priceless.

• Like 3

Reminds me of Jordan Henderson when he came through . Got a good physicality about him at a young age and acts older than he is on the pitch with great tactical awareness . Good passer  good tackler good presser good pace but also has goals in his locker. 

All this lad lacks is confidence. He has absolutely all the tools in his locked to have a very good career in the PL. I’m hoping this goal will spur him on to go and get more because he can carry the ball better than most in our side and with that eye and taste for goal, he could be deadly. 

Turning into a fabulous player. 

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

“We’ve got a feel good factor and we’re trying to keep it”

shots fired Jack you sellout :flag:

“Gabby is a Villa legend, he’s Villa through and through.” And the badge in the mouth when the crowd were singing his name. Go on son show them how it’s done

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate if I'm honest I wasn't even sure " WHAT " I saw in the beginning.

I just commented that, the fact that he didn't seem out of place, was a large positive. ( Also, had faith in the fact that the Manager and staff seemed to have great hope in him )

Also, made the point back then that, not every midfielder has to come out being flashy or doing fancy things ( which seems to be what people were looking for ).

I've always thought at worst, he would become a very solid, if unspectacular midfielder, due to his attributes.

Yes we do tend to overhype our youngsters at times, but that's another thing I've noted, most times it's the overhyped ones which fall by the wayside. Ramsey has been a silent creeper.

I think at times he was being held to an unreasonable standard, and some of that could have come from frustration about certain results and performances.

I've always liked his attitude as well, and he just seems a good kid, so I've been fiercely defensive of him.

As you say, he doesn't even seem like he is near his peak yet, just imagine when his confidence goes up another notch, and the team around him improves.

He will have bad performances in the future as well, I just hope he has started doing enough, for people to realise we have a talent to nurture and be patient with here.

Ironically, I was one who " never really saw it " with Chukwuemeka, but he is winning me over now.

I also never " saw it " with Jack Greaish early doors either ! 😂

Shaun, That sounds like a description for a "fart"

Seriously, its the kids courage that stunned me last night, but his physicality, his timing and ball control are all impressive.....Carney too showed " your not leaving me behind"....that assist was awesome.

I see high ceiling for both players and I think they have only just got started.

Personally, I think Aaron could be the best of the lot...shows just how much talent we have.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

When he came into the first team under Smith early on he did the basics well he didn’t lose possession didn’t hide away from the ball and his close control and technique was there to see which could have come across as a bit boring and unspectacular possibly but I genuinely don’t remember him being dispossessed or a astray pass leading to a opposing goal, in flashes we saw his ability to drive forward with the ball and with TIME his confidence grew he also grew physically , young players don’t instantly hit the ground running but If they do the basics right and remain disciplined like JJ did from day one they improve get used to the system and to quote Steven Gerrard “become the best version of themselves”

• Like 3

6 months ago, I couldn't see what he fuss was about, he wasn't strong and played with his head down, very nervous looking player, I'm not sure what Gerrard has pout in his tea but he looks a completely different player. He oozed class last night, has a big future ahead of him if he can be consistent. 

I got Ross Barkley early Everton days vibes from him last night.

I was one who questioned him early on, he never seemed to be either stand out physically or on the ball, now he looks completely different. 

Both him and Carney look like absolute units athletically now.

• Like 1

When first introduced I was impressed by how calm and collected he was in possession. Very impressive by a then 19 year old. Still feel he and Dougie are our best on the ball central midfielders. 

This season he's really showing what a phenomenal talent he is. People outside Villa are starting to notice as well. Very exciting.

• Like 1

Â