Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

At times he's was our best player towards the back end of last season, but who do you take out to put him in the 11?

Our squad is looking really strong these days. To think Buendia should be another attacking option right now. 

5 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

At times he's was our best player towards the back end of last season, but who do you take out to put him in the 11?

Our squad is looking really strong these days. To think Buendia should be another attacking option right now. 

Back to his role in LM and would be his to lose once he's back to form. Perfect player for the Emery system. Good engine, hustles back, but can carry the ball and play with both his back to goal and running forward. Always had a good finish but last year added some great final third decision making for more assists.

Think he's going to really carry on this year if he can stay fit.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

From Saturday starting 11 he replaces Zaniolo

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Back to his role in LM and would be his to lose once he's back to form. Perfect player for the Emery system. Good engine, hustles back, but can carry the ball and play with both his back to goal and running forward. Always had a good finish but last year added some great final third decision making for more assists.

Think he's going to really carry on this year if he can stay fit.

I agree that he comes back in as first choice once he's fit and firing, but who drops out? McGinn? Or maybe we play John right and Diaby stays behind Ollie? Arguably though our most potent side would have JJ one side and Bailey/Zaniolo the other with Diaby behind Ollie or Duran. Certainly interesting to have these options. We've not had this much attacking strength for a long time.

Edited by oishiiniku_uk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

I agree that he comes back in as first choice once he's fit and firing, but who drops out? McGinn? Or maybe we play John behind the striker and Diaby goes right-hand side? Arguably though our most potent side would have JJ one side and Bailey/Zaniolo the other with Diaby behind Ollie or Duran. Certainly interesting to have these options. We've not had this much attacking strength for a long time.

JJ left, Zaniolo right and Diaby behind Watkins/Duràn is our strongest I reckon. That does make it a very difficult choice as to who partners Luiz though. With McGinn being captain it would seem hard to believe he won't play but he won't start in the Kamara role. Hmmmm.

After how he finished the season and then performed for the U21s he just seemed primed to really hit his stride this season, was so frustrating that he got that injury but his return feels like such a bonus now that Villa have started well thus far in his absence. 

Don't think it'll be long once he's back in the starting XI once he's at full fitness. All of McGinn, Zaniolo and Bailey are more natural off the right in this formation anyway so it feels like Ramsey's place to lose in that sense.

3 hours ago, romavillan said:

JJ left, Zaniolo right and Diaby behind Watkins/Duràn is our strongest I reckon. That does make it a very difficult choice as to who partners Luiz though. With McGinn being captain it would seem hard to believe he won't play but he won't start in the Kamara role. Hmmmm.

I think SJM was brilliant on the right for us, kept the ball really well and turned into midfield to ping some great passes. Zaniolo is class but right now I see him as the perfect impact player.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Radness said:

I think SJM was brilliant on the right for us, kept the ball really well and turned into midfield to ping some great passes. Zaniolo is class but right now I see him as the perfect impact player.

You really have to pinch yourself to look at the options we now have compared to only a short few years ago

• Like 3

Maybe the wrong answer but reading the comments on this page, I know it's a cliché now, but it's a squad game. 

I think he should start every game he's fit but we will play a lot and he will pick up niggles, suspensions and generally get tired from the fixture congestion. 

I really think it's best to ease him back in and once he's up to speed he can play regularly in the Prem. But I don't think that means someone else will spend the rest of the season benched behind him now he's fit 

• Like 1

For everyone asking who they would drop for JJ, the one thing that I was pleased to see that McGinn was subbed off on the weekend, Smith and Gerrard refused to sub him unless they absolutely had to, now we can take him off (or leave him on the bench from the start) and replace him with Tielemans or JJ, now I'm not saying this in any way to have a pop at McGinn, he wasn't good last weekend but he has been magnificent outside of that, just using it as an example of how strong the squad is now.

My old man keeps saying how much he wants Tielemans to start for us but is stumped when I ask who we drop to make way for him, same goes for JJ.

Everyone will get their chance at some point and it'll be exciting times when these players do get their opportunity.

• Like 1

That left side when him, Moreno and Diaby are in a 10-15 yard radius....

Some right back's going to have a Maicon v Bale experience v us when those three are fully fit and in tune with each other's game. Think back to Newcastle last season and Trippier probably having his worst game all year and Diaby added to that.

7 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Comes straight back into the left when fully fit imo. Would love that to be Brighton given his final day performance but game of that intensity will probably come too soon for someone who's been out for three months.

Him on left and we can still have three man midfield and Diaby in front 3 so it really dosen't change that much apart from potential of Ollie being rested a little more and seeing a different dynamic to our attack with Diaby as CF for some games.

Â