Kortney Hause

Sam3773

wish him good luck, he had some limitations, but i always loved that the guy was a pure animal and his prowess in the air was something else, very good player for champ level imo.

Watford have done great to sign Hause and Davis, hopefully they use them both correctly.

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

And the point of renewing his contract was?......

protecting his value i guess?

extend contract, loan out, build value, sell.

This is what Chelsea would do, but our process is prob extend contract, loan out, build value, keep them on the books to wreck FFP cus we are incapable of getting profit for players, joins another team on a free when contract expires, plays better for the new team, whilst that team finishes above us.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

protecting his value i guess?

extend contract, loan out, build value, sell.

This is what Chelsea would do, but our process is prob extend contract, loan out, build value, keep them on the books to wreck FFP cus we are incapable of getting profit for players, joins another team on a free when contract expires, plays better for the new team, whilst that team finishes above us.

No chance Watford will be paying his full salary.  We are down to 3  fit senior centre backs?

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

No chance Watford will be paying his full salary.  We are down to 3  fit senior centre backs?

We paid 3 million at most for him, his wages are not going to be more than 30k pw max. For  a senior CB with 4 years premier league experience and still young, I would say that we have done good business.

Unless you want the kids covering the subs bench there are going to be players on average or high wages on the bench or not in the starting squad.

He's a good lad and the only good ball winner in the air we possessed.

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

yeah (Mings, Konsa, Chambers).

better have another defender lined up who is better than Hause lol (ie: needs to be a starter), no point in spending 15m on a backup when we have Hause as backup, that would be next level stupid.

29 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i also assume this means we have plans to sign another central defender, otherwise letting Hause go out on loan would be idiocy.

Or Carlos injury wasn't a full ruptured Achilles and he'll be back sooner than the average 215 days 

4 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Yeah must be Sarr and his agent playing games with us. Would you still sanction this deal if Watford as a club were stuffing us around?

Also surely we must have another CB coming in now?

We should do what suits AVFC. We shouldn't care what way other clubs operate. It is very poor business to let emotions impact decision making. 

44 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

All the best. He's never really let us down. 

Think he's a good indicator of what this squad was, 4th choice CB, nothing special, not great but never really let us down and I like the bloke and want him to do well

Don't begrudge him a move at all 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

To get some value from a potential sale. There are no guarantees with things like this. 

If only championships sides want him no one will buy him as Hause would not want to massively lower his wages. He has bee a decent signing for us but just questioning why we gave him a new contract as he was only ever going to be a back up player for us at best.

51 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

And the point of renewing his contract was?......

To get a fee when we sell. If he has a strong year with Watford and they get promoted, they'll pay a decent fee for him. 

its the sign of a well run club. 

• Like 1

Â