VillaTalk Deadpool 2019

Xela

23 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Keith Flint, the firestarter, twisted firestarter, gone at 49.

Genuinely saddened by that. One of the best frontman I've ever seen live.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Genuinely saddened by that. One of the best frontman I've ever seen live.

Yep, never really listened to them myself but for a friend's birthday we went to see them at a gig and he was phenomenal / the gig was electric.

• Like 3

Their gig at the Roskilde festival in 97 was one of the most epic music events I've been at.

Pretty much everyone of the 115.000 or so people at the festival was there, the rain that had been pouring down for 3 or 4 days straight finally stopped and it was just a sea of muddy people jumping around.

The RATM gig the year before eclipses it but not by very much.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Keith Flint, the firestarter, twisted firestarter, gone at 49.

Suicide according to their Instagram account :(  Big part of my teen years gone there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

They were pretty ropey when I first saw them in 1993 (see below - £1 a pint!) but by the time I saw them again a few years later, they were immense. Not a band I'd put anywhere near the top of my list of favourites but as a live experience, they and he, were awesome. 

LrU7aVF.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

Now Luke Perry ffs.  Gone at 52.  Never recovered from a massive stroke.

Christ. 

I was told at the docs a few weeks back that due to my astronomical BP I was a prime candidate for a stroke :( Luckily under control now with meds...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BOF said:

Now Luke Perry ffs.  Gone at 52.  Never recovered from a massive stroke.

I just saw that one too. Not the greatest actor ever, but when I was a teenager I watched BH 90210 quite a lot and always thought he was cool. And he got to shag both Brenda and Kelly.

Keith Flint's a bummer. Firestarter and a few of those Fat of the Land tracks were staples in my DJ Sets for a few years. The Prodigy was one of those Dance Acts that actually did come across as a band and crossed over many scenes. Don't think that could have happened without Keith Flint as the front man

• Like 3

At the risk of me sounding a bit ghey......we usually have 2 prodigy tracks at our clubbercise class and i admit to freestyling to them as if i was in the Academy rather than following the instructor's steps.

Gonna be odd hearing them now. I might turn off my glowsticks in solemn tribute.

Edited by mottaloo

Â