VillaTalk Deadpool 2019

Xela

On 12/02/2019 at 10:03, sne said:

I must have seen that dozens of times, and every time I think "really, that's the best ever save?". It'd have been forgotten about 5 minutes later if it wasn't from Pele.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I just about remember that.

After a quick look, that was a different retired senior copper: Sir Robert Mark, apparently.

I wonder what Cressida Dick is going to advertise when she retires? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I must have seen that dozens of times, and every time I think "really, that's the best ever save?". It'd have been forgotten about 5 minutes later if it wasn't from Pele.

if he simply turns it around the post it would be forgotten too, think its the manner of how he saves it thats made the difference, agree it being from pele too plus then i think banks is held in such high regard a lot of people seem to want it to be his

can remember schmeichel doing a similar save in the CL but then he always talks about the distance banks had to cover being the impressive thing

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

if he simply turns it around the post it would be forgotten too, think its the manner of how he saves it thats made the difference, agree it being from pele too plus then i think banks is held in such high regard a lot of people seem to want it to be his

can remember schmeichel doing a similar save in the CL but then he always talks about the distance banks had to cover being the impressive thing

And there was that David Seaman one, where the ball was way behind him, and he somehow threw himself backwards and scooped it out over his head. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

And there was that David Seaman one, where the ball was way behind him, and he somehow threw himself backwards and scooped it out over his head. 

yeah thats the one that always comes to my mind for best save, that's probably the best I've ever seen live

I think it is revered because back in 1970 it was an outstanding save. Goalkeepers, and players in general, were less athletic back then. 

Nowadays the keepers are acrobats (unless you play for Villa or are Joe Hart!) and excellent saves are far more common

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think it is revered because back in 1970 it was an outstanding save. Goalkeepers, and players in general, were less athletic back then. 

Nowadays the keepers are acrobats (unless you play for Villa or are Joe Hart!) and excellent saves are far more common

And iirc the 1970 WC was the first real WC of the TV Age and the first broadcast in colour

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Plus, he did it wearing what are basically gardening gloves.

• Like 2

Â