VillaTalk Deadpool 2019

Xela

37 minutes ago, BillyShears said:

I reckon Bicks has loads of great stories, but he just alludes to certain events

The Noel Gallagher stories aren't really worthy of telling tbh, they'd belong in the boring thread more than anything. Gave me a hand onstage with an amp etc, just stuff that a normal roadie for the main act wouldn't consider doing for someone with the support band. Apart from that there's nothing much to tell. He was just nice in a world of unpleasant twunts

• Like 1

Died on the 10th Feb and news only just come out  

probably one of those shows that would look terrible now but for a while Airwolf was the coolest thing on tv 

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Died on the 10th Feb and news only just come out  

probably one of those shows that would look terrible now but for a while Airwolf was the coolest thing on tv 

I watched a bit of Airwolf when ITV repeated it back at the turn of the century and it looked terrible then.  Not even Barry Van Dyke could save it.  I have a hard time believing it was ever cool  but then I remember it was the 80s, perhaps the most hideous decade of all time.

• Like 1

Just now, rjw63 said:

Jan Michael Vincent, I'm sure he was in The Mechanic with Charles Bronson.

Indeed he was, back in 1972

On 09/03/2019 at 09:45, mjmooney said:

You are a man of consummate taste. 

HAha, just back on the record cleaning train and the first two records I've cleaned are by the Jesus and Mary Chain ("You Trip Me Up" - crap as it happens) and the Associates  (Party Fears Two - a classic)

I still maintain that the 80's is the most diverse and artistically creative decade in the history of music.

• Like 1

Think we used to have a thread for best decade for music , but this seemed to be a more generic discussion that the 80’s were horrendous and not just music ?

at first when I saw MJ agreeing I thought ah I bet he’s referring to the 1880’s  :)

but  I suspect it’s a generation thing , i was 10 at the start of the 80’s and it was fantastic , we didn’t care about greed is good , we just got to wear burgundy stay press  and Fred perry t-shirts whilst listening to Baggy Trousers  and airwolf and the A-team taught us it was cool to blow shit up 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I watched a bit of Airwolf when ITV repeated it back at the turn of the century and it looked terrible then.  Not even Barry Van Dyke could save it.  I have a hard time believing it was ever cool  but then I remember it was the 80s, perhaps the most hideous decade of all time.

If you thought Airwolf looked terrible, you should have seen Street Hawk. :)

• Like 3

Â