Racism in Football

Zatman

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

An football? Just as bad as England, yeah?

I'll bet if it was Idris Elba, most Polish and British parents would be delighted.

Oh we are in to class distinction now and rich or poor.

Edited by TRO

19 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Can't really comment. I went to a few games and I never saw monkey chants, bananas, booing black players or any of that. At Div 3 level or Ekstraklasa level. If you went to a Polish international, they wouldn't be racist in the national stadium like Bulgaria were.

It's more about hooliganism and ultras here than racism tbh.

Racism here is more casual racism. Through ignorance. Poland is incredibly homogenous.

This was aired just this year for example:

They don't see it as racism. Because they don't have the historical context of blackface that we have in the UK, and in the US. They didn't have slavery.

That's certainly no excuse, now you are sticking up for the Polish being racist?

It's just like the argument, the fans who boo, do not know the knee is to do with "no room for racism" not BLM. They cannot be labled as racists I'm sorry it's just not fact.

Edited by foreveryoung

‘White people are victims of racism too’ is a terrible argument anyway, because the knee is about protesting racism. If you’re white and have been a victim, they’re doing it for you too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, a m ole said:

‘White people are victims of racism too’ is a terrible argument anyway, because the knee is about protesting racism. If you’re white and have been a victim, they’re doing it for you too.

You think they are kneeling against 'positive discrimination'?

5 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

That's certainly no excuse, now you are sticking up for the Polish being racist?

It's just like the argument, the fans who boo, do not know the knee is to do with "no room for racism" not BLM. They cannot be labled as racists I'm sorry it's just not fact.

They know exactly why they’re booing. 

8 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

He never defended it. He just gave a reason as to why it happens but never agreed with it. Some of the takes in here lol. 

Edited by Ingram85

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

He never defended it. He just gave a reason as to why it happens but never agreed with it. Some of the takes in here lol. 

That's fine, but then don't automatically think the fans who boo are racists, let them explain too.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

You think they are kneeling against 'positive discrimination'?

Paul I have a couple of sincere questions for you, simply because I curious to see other people's perspectives...

Do you think that on the whole, the average white person enjoys some advantages in life that an equivalent black or Asian does?

Do you think there are times when black or Asian's enjoy advantages of their white equivalent?

(By equivalent, I mean in a similar peer group, level of education, etc..)

Finally, can people "become" English, or is the preserve of those born to English parents? 

These are not loaded questions, I'm genuinely interested. Thanks.

On 16/07/2021 at 08:35, foreveryoung said:

I'd say anyone that agrees with this is part of the problem.

On 16/07/2021 at 09:18, Davkaus said:

What's the difference?

Shocked that you failed to explain your post and shifted the goalposts again. Shocked.

26 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

That's fine, but then don't automatically think the fans who boo are racists, let them explain too.

Probably just had themselves hacked or something. Definitely not racist, them. 

51 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Has there ever been any explanation other than "mumble mumble, Marxism, mumble something political message mumble mumble abolish the police mumble no place in sport something something"

I'm more than happy to let anyone explain their position. But if it's a variation on that bullshit theme, I'll just carry on assuming they're a ****.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Shocked that you failed to explain your post and shifted the goalposts again. Shocked.

Can't even remember what it was about, an not to bothered either, as it'll most probably just end up with, your right, I'm completed and utterly wrong bollox.

As Tro has said it's a very complex issue, it's not black and white (no pun intended) and unless you obviously admit your racist or are blatantly are one, there's always going to be differing opinions right or wrong.

To be honest, I like many people don't take it too serious, either black, white blue green, I don't care I have always had respect for others if they have respect for me and just live my own life. There are many many prejudices in the world, it's gets better, but they are never going to be eradicated.

55 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Anyone who boos an explicitly anti-racism gesture is a racist. By the very definition of it. 

Stop excusing racists. It’s not a good look

• Like 2

Â