Racism in Football

Zatman

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Anyone who boos an explicitly anti-racism gesture is a racist. By the very definition of it. 

Stop excusing racists. It’s not a good look

I'm not excusing racists, cause we don't know they are racists. If you keep assuming everything without facts it's no wonder people think England is systematically racist.

I'm not saying there are none in the crowd, but everyone who boos are not racist for sure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm not excusing racists, cause we don't know they are racists. If you keep assuming everything without facts it's no wonder people think England is systematically racist.

I'm not saying there are none in the crowd, but everyone who boos are not racist for sure.

But they are. And you are excusing them.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Then why are they booing an anti racism gesture? Its pretty simple, this isnt a complex situation

Booing = racist,

Booing and blaming Marxism = racist idiot

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, TRO said:

my point was racism is not a one way street....but folk believe what they want to believe, so it ends up fait accompli....we are all trying to see end to any kind of racism.

I am saying Black people have a genuine case, as has been proved umpteen times....and I am as equally keen as you to see the back of it.

If you can't see the balance I was touching on, we will leave it there.

I know that you’re trying to create balance. I was just asking how. You might think you’re trying to create balance but a black person might think you’re trying to belittle the issue. For him balance might be the enslaving of the white race for a few centuries. 

And to elaborate on the two way street analogy. White people would have to travel almost the full length of that street whereas the black people would only have to open the garden gate in terms of what needs to be done by the respective communities. Maybe step out on to the footpath. 

Racism is an every way street. Footballers are taking the knee as a symbol against ALL forms of racism. Not just against black people. What is so hard to understand about that? **** me. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You seem more concerned with how people might view England than actually people being racist. And strangely you seem to think you're on the right side of this fence. 

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Racism is an every way street. Footballers are taking the knee as a symbol against ALL forms of racism. Not just against black people. What is so hard to understand about that? **** me. 

It's not. It's incredibly simple to understand. Which is why it's also incredibly obvious why people choose not to. 

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

Paul I have a couple of sincere questions for you, simply because I curious to see other people's perspectives...

Do you think that on the whole, the average white person enjoys some advantages in life that an equivalent black or Asian does?

Do you think there are times when black or Asian's enjoy advantages of their white equivalent?

(By equivalent, I mean in a similar peer group, level of education, etc..)

Finally, can people "become" English, or is the preserve of those born to English parents? 

These are not loaded questions, I'm genuinely interested. Thanks.

Did you word your first three questions correctly? I’m not sure I understand them.

The last one is easy, English is an ethnic group so you are born into it. Anyone can become British.

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

They’ve already said they’re kneeling for anti-racism. A lot of times. 

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

What do you think the words “no room for racism” mean?

Then why isn’t this railed against? It’s the easiest of the lot to change because it is in law and job adverts etc. 

13 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Did you word your first three questions correctly? I’m not sure I understand them.

The last one is easy, English is an ethnic group so you are born into it. Anyone can become British.

I deliberately avoided using the word 'privilege' in the questions, but I was asking if you believe white people have a socioeconomic leg-up in life because they're white?

Similarly, if you do, do you think there are times where black or Asian's have a comparable advantage?

Thanks for answering the other question.

Edited by StanBalaban

14 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Then why isn’t this railed against? It’s the easiest of the lot to change because it is in law and job adverts etc.

Why isn’t racism railed against?  Is that what you’re asking?

11 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Yes. You can be English and Jewish, or English and Muslim or you can be born in England and not be English, or not be born in England and still be English. But thanks for showing the definition you’ve used (genuinely). There are others, though.

English: the people of England.

Â