January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

10 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

So you haven't considered that Austin could be back up this season as Hogan and Davies could be going out on loan this window?! 

Charlie Austin is a household name in the premier league, I doubt very much he'd want to move to be a bench warmer for a mid table championship team. 

Edited by Junxs
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'd be happy with any cn than can give Chester a well earned rest to get his knee right that's on par with him at his best. 

Gibson is a much better player than Chester. It's not about 'giving Chester a rest' it's about improving the first team and Chester has not had a good enough season to justify his starting role. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Understood.

However, one would assume he knew where Newcastle was before he agreed to join?

true, but equally there is often a gap in what one thinks one can cope with what one can actually cope with when the reality is there.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Understood.

However, one would assume he knew where Newcastle was before he agreed to join?

No doubt. As I’ve said I’m not privy to the information but circumstances change, he signed in summer 2016 iirc. Just don’t think it’s a reason to chastise him or be used to mark him as having a disloyal nature. In fact, I reason it as the opposite and therefore to get back on topic, I think he would be a good signing, with the right character and balance the squad nicely. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Gibson is a much better player than Chester. It's not about 'giving Chester a rest' it's about improving the first team and Chester has not had a good enough season to justify his starting role. 

Is he though? Chester ha sbeen injured for a while now. I can't say I've seen enough of Gibson to know if he is better than Chester. Chester ha splayed more in pl. This guys flopped at Burnley it seems. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Sky sports confirmed we have approached Burnley to take Gibson on loan with a clause to buy in summer. Nkt sure how good he is? 

I think Ben Gibson would be a great signing. He's a solid, left-footed centre back and can fill in at LB. I assume if he signs we won't be signing Mings. I assume we can't afford both. 

• Thanks 1

If we do sign mings he must be ready to play right now and be 100% fit. He has a history of injuries and you'd get the impression with us at times that we are a health spa rather than a football club. Fed up with it.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I think Ben Gibson would be a great signing. He's a solid, left-footed centre back and can fill in at LB. I assume if he signs we won't be signing Mings. I assume we can't afford both. 

Sounds really good for this level. 

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Is he though? Chester ha sbeen injured for a while now. I can't say I've seen enough of Gibson to know if he is better than Chester. Chester ha splayed more in pl. This guys flopped at Burnley it seems. 

He hasnt flopped though, he has been injured all season and only returned to the Burnley bench on 15th December. Has played 1 league game and 2 cup games since then

18 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I remember there was a lot of fuss from Chelsea fans about him being allowed to go.  Not really followed him though - is he still any good?

Doubt it is true - if Mings is as close to signing as it would appear, then that's our 5 match-day squad loan places all done.

Edited by GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Imagine the press conference - "we haven't signed anyone due to FFP restrictions - but weve got 4 of these on loan until the end of the season"

image.png.f295fa4f2117dc9ea861cad9257be7d5.png

fantastic imagination

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He hasnt flopped though, he has been injured all season and only returned to the Burnley bench on 15th December. Has played 1 league game and 2 cup games since then

I wonder why I'm getting that de ja vu feeling. 

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

So you haven't considered that Austin could be back up this season as Hogan and Davies could be going out on loan this window?! 

If Austin comes here he wont have been sold it on that premise!

• Like 1