January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Football insider reckon hogan's at Sheffield united undertaking a medical for a loan move. I hope there is a permanent clause in there. 

Best thing would be he does well and we can sell him in the summer 

Not a fan of strengthening a rival, Hope they dont pip us by a couple of points!

Nice to see us being linked with some decent and a couple of more than decent players. Get those chairs in a row for the press conference. I hope some of these potential deals do actually happen. Gibson, Mings, Chalobah, Justin and Hayden would be some transfer window! Three out of five wouldn't be too shabby either. ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

So the VillaTalk transfer centre from the last 24hrs looks like this so far:-

Possibilities

Tyrone Mings - LB - Bournmouth LOAN

Christian Fuchs - LB - Leic City LOAN

James Justin - LB - Luton   FEE

Ben Gibson - CB - Burnley LOAN

Nathan Chalobah - MC - Watford LOAN

Isaac Hayden - MC - Newcastle FEE

Charlie Austin - ST - Southampton LOAN

Signed

Jaden Philogene-Bidance (Future in mind)

We know Leicester have declinded the Fuchs deal so that's scratched.

I wonder if anymore names will be added to this list. Atleast there is activity which is the first encouraging sign.

To many bloody Loans for me then again till end of season till we know for sure where we are, no point signing permenent I don't think. Hope they all have option to buy or alot of us are going to go mad the fact that we can't seem to stop going round in circles when it comes to doing other teams work for them.

Alot of good possibilities and players in there, hope they pan out.

Hope they strengthen our defence, sure it can't be any worse than what it is now, will just take time to see a difference.

I like Smith's choices in all honesty, doesn't seem like the bunch we have sitting on high wages. They may want to come in and actually play like a cat 7 storm, like Mcginn, Tammy and Grealish does..

35 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Fuchs ever coming is BS. Leicester turning us down is BS. Us looking at Austin is BS. Gibson is BS.

Everything is BS.

Then, suddenly, we sign someone we've never been linked with 🤔.

I bet we sign all the links now I've said that. 

It's all bullshit. We won't sign anyone except the £7m goalkeeper and the 17 yr old winger from last night.

We're dooooomed.  :lol:

• Haha 3

I think we will get Mings and just hope it's a loan with view to perm deal and that he stays fit enough for us to buy him.

We will of course then have two players in Hause and Mings with little football between them that we need to be match fit to make a difference not the 'get fit, then play sh*t then f*ck off Bolasie rule of thumb'

4 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Mings at Villa at minute apparently.  Very disappointing.

I read that as:

"Minge at Villa at minute apparently is very disappointing"

And then wondered why we aren't recruiting more dolly birds behind the scenes! 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, pintpotvilla said:

On the out front Hogan having medical at Sheff Utd apparantly. I think we still have 2 loan spots available (Bolasie & Moreira returned)

There'll be more going out once good old Brucie raids us at the eleventh hour for messrs Elmohamady, Hutton, Taylor and Chester. 

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm confused about fans re: Scott Hogan.

One minute i'm reading that he is the worst striker to ever wear the shirt.

Next minute people are "loathe" to strengthen a rival?

Surely if he is as turd as some intimate we are actually weakening a rival?

On another note, could be a win win, if he gains confidence and bangs in the goals, his market value goes up.

So either we get good money for him, or he comes back brimming with confidence and gets a full pre season with Smith where we can work on a system which might suit him better?

Anything is better than him not even contributing off the bench, not gaining any confidence, drawing a fat wage and wasting away...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Anything is better than him not even contributing off the bench, not gaining any confidence, drawing a fat wage and wasting away...

he needs games and he isn't going to get them with us so he needs to be loaned, obviously the biggest fear would be he goes to Sheffield Utd and starts scoring goals for fun.

but letting another club improve our players form and fitness would make a nice change, even if it just means his transfer value and likelihood of a perm move goes up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm confused about fans re: Scott Hogan.

One minute i'm reading that he is the worst striker to ever wear the shirt.

Next minute people are "loathe" to strengthen a rival?

Surely if he is as turd as some intimate we are actually weakening a rival?

On another note, could be a win win, if he gains confidence and bangs in the goals, his market value goes up.

So either we get good money for him, or he comes back brimming with confidence and gets a full pre season with Smith where we can work on a system which might suit him better?

Agreed...  I'm 100% for this loan.  He's our 3rd choice striker and hasn't played much in the past 2 years.  Needs to get games under his belt to see if he should be part of the rotation next season.  If he can't break into the Sheffield United squad, he has no business being at Villa next season.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Hayden on a permanent deal would be a great deal for us and then Mings on loan along with a left back would be good. I don't think we will get that Burnley defender tbh

I think Gibson would be a straight loan, no chance of buying sadly and it's probably BS anyway.

10 minutes ago, villarocker said:

There'll be more going out once good old Brucie raids us at the eleventh hour for messrs Elmohamady, Hutton, Taylor and Chester. 

Sadly until the 1st of Feb the only homework Bruce will be doing on Sheffield will be via the just eat app. 

4 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I think Gibson would be a straight loan, no chance of buying sadly and it's probably BS anyway.

Sadly I agree. Can't see any truth to those rumours. WHERE is a agent dave when you need him? Did Bruce take him to Sheffield Wednesday with him?