January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Have you actually seen how bad he is? Johnstone was never this bad.

Like I said if Nyland continues to make mistakes and doesn’t settle then something will be done about it in January.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

It feels crazy that we got two keepers in the summer window and seemingly need to buy a third in January. What is going on there!?

Seems to me that we took the cheap option rather than paying £6m for Johnstone. When you buy a keeper from  FC Ingolstadt 04 and loan Athletico Madrid's second or third choice keeper it's not much of a shock when they both turn out to be shite. 

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Seems to me that we took the cheap option rather than paying £6m for Johnstone. When you buy a keeper from  FC Ingolstadt 04 and loan Athletico Madrid's second or third choice keeper it's not much of a shock when they both turn out to be shite. 

Do you actually think we'd ever get Atletico's second choice keeper LOL? Moreira has been out on loan every single season he has been there, so he's basically a 'zero' choice keeper for them, and you can see why.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I think the Johnstone ship had sailed to be fair... he made his mind up pretty quickly at a point when we weren’t financially able to offer a contract (let alone a transfer fee). But you’re right, we went for a cheap, crap option... god knows why!

44 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Do you actually think we'd ever get Atletico's second choice keeper LOL? Moreira has been out on loan every single season he has been there, so he's basically a 'zero' choice keeper for them, and you can see why.

Should have gone all out and bought Jan Oblak instead.

Classic penny pinching by Villa.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think the Johnstone ship had sailed to be fair... he made his mind up pretty quickly at a point when we weren’t financially able to offer a contract (let alone a transfer fee). But you’re right, we went for a cheap, crap option... god knows why!

It is because Bruce had been watching him for years apparently...just like Hogan.

We don't need more loans to develop other people's players tbh, we need to develop our own youth or buy players that we can develop to our benefit.

The only type of loans that should be justified now are the type where we genuinely plan to buy them at the end of the loan if they are any good (Try before you buy).

I thought we were trying to get out of the short term thinking.. .

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

We don't need more loans to develop other people's players tbh, we need to develop our own youth or buy players that we can develop to our benefit.

The only type of loans that should be justified now are the type where we genuinely plan to buy them at the end of the loan if they are any good (Try before you buy).

I thought we were trying to get out of the short term thinking.. .

Kinda agree. I hate loans with passion. 

On 05/11/2018 at 11:29, Dr_Pangloss said:

Given who Atletico's first choice keeper is, there's a good chance their second choice would still be **** amazing :D 

• Like 1