January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

Forgot to say,   the reason he got a "bombscare" reputation, especially early in his career, is the fact he doesn't like to aimlessly hoof the ball forward but always looks for a pass.

He used to get caught in possession a lot, especially at Celtic, but has worked hard on his game to cut this out and although gives fans the occasional heart in mouth moment it is much better than it used to be. With his pace he ghosts pasts the opposition at times and had become a good attacking option.

Good luck to Efe........but most Hibs fans are absolutely gutted he has gone.😪

Fosu-Mensah is a much better RB than he is a CB; he has the same problem with aerial balls that Tuanzebe has, but he's absolutely rapid which allows him to recover from some position errors he still makes as he is still learning.  I think those skills make him better suited for RB, and he uses the ball pretty well too, although he isn't a great crosser from what I've seen so far.  If Villa can land him (loan or otherwise) it would be a very good pickup.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Random Observer said:

Fosu-Mensah is a much better RB than he is a CB; he has the same problem with aerial balls that Tuanzebe has, but he's absolutely rapid which allows him to recover from some position errors he still makes as he is still learning.  I think those skills make him better suited for RB, and he uses the ball pretty well too, although he isn't a great crosser from what I've seen so far.  If Villa can land him (loan or otherwise) it would be a very good pickup.

COOL, another Right Back. Get him in!

8 minutes ago, Random Observer said:

Smith likes to play with a very high line.  The pace will help when the opposition tries to go long on the counter.  This was one thing Tuanzebe brought to our backline this is really lacking right now.  Another rapid central defender will help us make up for our fullback/midfield issues.

1 hour ago, Random Observer said:

That sounds at bit too similar to a young Micah Richards 😬

12 hours ago, Random Observer said:

I was always under the impression  that fosu Mensah was a DM ?

Edited by Tony

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

We do need a good right back though, we have loads already but they’re all rubbish... we also have a left back, but he’s crap too. 

THIS.

We need A proper RB, and perhaps Bree as backup.

The others can disappear.

• Like 3

You could argue we need 4 defenders - 2 full backs and at least 1 centre half who can carry the ball from the back, a defensive or box to box midfielder who can screen the back 4, especially when the new full backs press forward. And if theres a decent playmaker we can nab to cover for Jack, great.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

We do need a good right back though, we have loads already but they’re all rubbish... we also have a left back, but he’s crap too. 

I don’t think we have many positions, particularly at the back, that we can say we don’t need more in terms of both numbers and quality. 

• Like 2

So this January we needed a keeper, 2 full backs, at least 1 centre half, a defensive midfielder,  an attacking midfielder to cover for Grealish and maybe a striker if Abraham goes. 

It’s a lot but amazingly we did similar business in Bruce’s first transfer window. 

We signed a keeper; 2 full backs, 3 midfielders and a striker. All for about 32 million. (If count Taylor for the price we signed Ayew for).

Yes we fell apart for a month and only 2 of those players featured in the play off final a year later but it still shows how much business can be done. 

Ps..did Bruce really say used to say he had no money to spend?

Well, with Jack out. Tammy gone. Axel out. I think we should use this window to plan for next season if we can. As someone said above, like Bruce’s first Jan. I can’t see us going up now, we’ve lost a spine in the last 4 weeks. Let’s ship the poo if we can and sign players smith wants. No more loans going forward please! 

• Like 1