January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

Sick of loans, but 2 of them are the best in their areas that we have, so thank God for them too. They've covered for our terrible recruitment.

A short term loan for a couple of months for a replacement for Tuanzebe would be fine too. Obviously we also need new defenders permanently.

Edited by Mazrim

I think the loan system has it's downsides, such as our current situation with Tammy, but used sensibly it can be a useful weapon in our armour. As Mazrim has said, two of our best players are here on loan. 

The time when the likes of Chelsea can stockpile players is soon coming to an end. Although I’m not sure when the new ruling takes effect or if there is some sort of transition period. That could of course effect Chelsea’s thinking on Tammy if they are forced, in the near future, to sell lots of players. 

I’m not keen on loans, but some clubs have exploited them to good effect. We need to play the game if it’s to our own benefit, we have to be savvy and take every opportunity we can to exploit any advantage we can. 

I’m not saying for a minute that we become morally bankrupt. I like the fact that I support a club I can be proud of, regardless of how we’re performing on the pitch. But it’s no good being nice but dim either. 

49 minutes ago, kieranavfc said:

Hibs defender Efe Ambrose has invoked a clause in his contract allowing him to leave for free... linked with Cardiff, I wonder if we've been looking at him. 

One of worst players I have ever seen and that was 5 years ago in his prime 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As annoying as loans are, they do serve a purpose. Players like Abraham would be unlikely to permanently drop down to this league, even if we were currently in the top 6... and players like Snodgrass, Bolasie and the like would be unlikely to join teams lower down when they could be playing in the PL. Even if we can all see that they are less likely to start there, I don’t think the ego of a footballer is as receptive the realities of injury or age.

Edited by alreadyexists

Seeing a lot of people moaning about us loaning players over the summer. I think we have to remember the situation we were in at the time, we were hardly flush with cash during the transfer window, we missed out on a lot of the decent signings whilst the cash issues were there leaving the loan market as our main source of players at the end of the window.

Going forward I agree we need to get players signed on long term deals so we don't have gaps in the squad.

13 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Seeing a lot of people moaning about us loaning players over the summer. I think we have to remember the situation we were in at the time, we were hardly flush with cash during the transfer window, we missed out on a lot of the decent signings whilst the cash issues were there leaving the loan market as our main source of players at the end of the window.

Going forward I agree we need to get players signed on long term deals so we don't have gaps in the squad.

My only gripe with the loans is that I have no idea why we signed Moreira when we already had enough keepers to sit on the bench.

31 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I think its as simple as this....

• If we have no confidence in personnel to make the right choices......Loan them.
  • If we have personnel, who know how to build and develop a team to give us a fighting chance of promotion .....buy them.

I am not trying to dismiss how many things we need to get right, but....

....We really do need to sign players better than what we have got....I know it gets mentioned by successive managers, but ( in a general sense) We need to see it.

example....We buy Taylor in an exchange for a player we want gone in Ayew.....Ayew ends up at Crystal Palace.....I am not saying I want Ayew, but that was a **** deal...it has to stop....It was such a poor management of the recruitment of  players.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Loans are part of this league , be nice to say we won't do it but its cutting off your nose to spite your face.The finances in this league are such it is a valuable option there is not a club in top 6 who doesn't have a loan .What we do need is a better mix of perm and loans looking at our perms signings since relegation there has been millions wasted on fee's and wages and a high % already need replacing 

If Tammy wants to go that's his prerogative my opinion is if he stays and carrys on how he is he will get a Prem move next season anyway ...Bournmouth have just paid 19mil for Solanke who is similar age but got far less experience  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

If Rachel Riley gets constipated what does she do?.. works it out with a pencil.

Or, if it's a really hard one, works it out with logs. 

• Like 1

Just seen solanke going to Bournemouth from Liverpool for £20 million, I think he has scored once for them in over 20 apps, completely unproven at any level. There's absolutely 0 chance Chelsea let abraham leave for £19 million with transfers like that going on. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Just seen solanke going to Bournemouth from Liverpool for £20 million, I think he has scored once for them in over 20 apps, completely unproven at any level. There's absolutely 0 chance Chelsea let abraham leave for £19 million with transfers like that going on. 

They also bought Jordan Ibe for £15m from the redscouse.

Game's gone mad.

Quote.......one of the worst defenders I have seen and that was 5 years ago......

Efe Ambrose.......Developed into one of our best defenders ( and this year, the best) in the last year. Excellent at bringing the ball forward. If he had stayed he was odds on to being our player of the year.

+ he knows how John McGinn plays lol...........and as for his goal celebration.......

Seriously, not sure how he would go at Villa but the rumours here are that Cardiff and Marseille are looking at him.

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Thanks 2