January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

55 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Or maybe we're being sensible for once?  We still don't know what league we'll be playing in next season.  Dropping a lot of money on players this month isn't a guarantee that things will pan out in our favor.  I'd rather haggle over a few bargains this month and spend more on targets this summer when we know more about our situation next season.

Thats the same thing isnt it ? - I said we might not be spending as much as we hoped/thought. In you opinion thats sensible. 

Strange as it seems the fee doesnt seem the death knell for a deal these days...if both sides want the move in principle they can come up with a formula to make it work for both sides.  With a Fa cup game up next we can let this drag on a bit. sure we have other plans in case this one does fail.

41 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think we need 3 teams. One to get us promoted, one to keep us in the top flight, and one to push on to top 6th.

Did somebody really say this once?

We need to come up..like penguins leaving the water, not a three legged sloth going to another branch.

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I think it's 2.0mill.

Good thing with hause is he's 6ft 2" n a half, so for the first time in a long time we have a airiel ball winner.

Kortney is sposed  to be a powerhouse as well,  does not mess about and commands his area.

For a young player Hause certainly seems like the business, I hope he lives up to the hype because he could be a game changer for us.

He ****ing will be ,if he can't read the game or positioning  suspect....but will fit in with our full backs.

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think we need 3 teams. One to get us promoted, one to keep us in the top flight, and one to push on to top 6th.

3 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Wow, that makes even less sense than the three team plan 

I fail to see what's so bad about it, if you actually can break down what that means and how you go about it, I don't see why it can't be an effective strategy.

Wolves have basically just done that.

Team for promotion, tick. Additions to survive the Premier League, tick. Might find themselves ticking the third box within the second phase of their plan.

Europe's not out of their reach this season. They are 2 points from 7th.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I fail to see what's so bad about it, if you actually can break down what that means and how you go about it, I don't see why it can't be an effective strategy.

Wolves have basically just done that.

Team for promotion, tick. Additions to survive the Premier League, tick. Might find themselves ticking the third box within the second phase of their plan.

Europe's not out of their reach this season. They are 2 points from 7th.

It’s probably more to do with the man that said it.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Xia or Wyness 

Stating the obvious really.  Hardly ground breaking thinking.

13 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Don’t you just love our press? 

They get wind of a transfer target, put it to a club or clubs who don’t deny it and then fall over themselves to report it. In doing so they either report each other’s speculations as inside info causing a snow balling effect or claim advanced knowledge of the time scales of the deal.

Then when things don’t happen as quickly as they had said they would they throw play the “ooohhh there is a problem card” like they’ve a clue what’s going on. We’ve seen this so many times but window after window people buy their BS.

And it will continue because with nearly all rumours there is always just a glimmer it true.

With the money involved you can see why deals don't go through quickly - think how long it takes to buy and move house - well there is probably similar legal implications buying a player for £4m  & wages on top

Pretty sure we will get someone @ CB this window 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Think we need a dm as well tbh. Whelan for me is ok but not great. Jedinak cleat coming to the end. Hourihane for me don't cut it as a dm

Agreed, I think a ball playing DM is just as critical for us as fixing  our defence crisis.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I believe so, can't recall who..

Imo, What we need is to get out of this league this season and most of the team are off come June anyway, so it would be ideal to build a new team for the Premier League and a top 6 push, rather than a new team for the Championship. 

It becomes a whole different ball game in terms of transfers in, depending what league we are in come June 2019.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Tyias Browning - who dat?

Some reports say we are loaning him from Everton.

Never heard of him, CB apparently.

I hope not, i'm sick of loans. Unless there's a firm right to buy in there.