January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

47 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Anything relying on hogan in afraid results in no promotion. He has been a complete and utter flop.

Surely we can swap Hogan for Maupay. We just need to stop knocking him on here and start talking about his similarities with Aguero. Nothing greedy a straight swap or perhaps a couple of £mill in our favour.....😎

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I really don't think we will be trying to sign Maupay.

That's unfortunate, the kid looks like a decent player, is young and has a nasty streak in him something we desperately lack. 

Is your scepticism based on the ability to afford him or something else?

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

The balance of the team is horribly wrong.

We need to sort the shit defense out as a priority otherwise we could sign Neymar and it wouldn't matter.

Still might be worth a crafty bid towards the end of the window.....

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

If no Maupay then we need to go for Roofe. He can finish. And is a Villa fan. 

And is also looking like a nap for promotion. 

No chance imo. 

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

If no Maupay then we need to go for Roofe. He can finish. And is a Villa fan. 

He has one foot in the Premier League. why would he want to take a step back at this moment

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Maupay was really good in the game at villa park. We just could not contain him. He is a right pest and has a nasty side to him. Something I feel.our side lacks.

Until he signs for Villa, gets his nice juicy contract.

12 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I'd like to see us explore some of the lesser European markets for transfers (similar to Kalinić)

said it before places like Poland, Scandinavia etc can unearth gems for half the price. Granted not all going to work out

• Thanks 1

We missed the boat with Ghoddos and Sema from Sweden.

Currently no striker that I think are quite good enough left in Allsvenskan.

Hosam Aiesh MF from Östersund and Kristoffer Olsson MF from AIK I think are interesting players as investments but who wont be star players anytime soon, or ever.

On another note Simon Terodde is leading the scoring in Bundesliga 2 with a respectable 22 goals in 17 games for FC Köln.

He's a big un, but he's 30 and they just signed him this summer for €3m so might not be ideal...

Edit: Kristoffer Olsson has just signed for Krasnodar in Russia for about £4.5m, ah well...

Edited by sne