Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Nabby said:

We needed more legs on the pitch to close them down.We played a powder puff midfield with no strength or pace and they destroyed us.Drinkwater with no start this seaon against a City team like this was an error all day long

Precisely 

2 minutes ago, jim said:

Interview coming up, can’t wait for the sound bites his fans will lap up.

Think he’s too soft ,  need someone will that bit of steel like Pearson has to shake people up - I don’t think dean possesses the nasty hard streak in him . 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

The amount of posts here and elsewhere online that said Drinkwater to start in place of Nakamba was unreal

Just go back one page on Nakamaba's thread and he was the worst midfielder on the team. Now Smith was wrong to bench him. 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Difference is though, I think this is actually these players playing at their max. I don’t think they were with Bruce. They are just not good enough, technically or physically. 

I can’t agree we saw our players playing at their maximum today. Far from it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nabby said:

We needed more legs on the pitch to close them down.We played a powder puff midfield with no strength or pace and they destroyed us.Drinkwater with no start this seaon against a City team like this was an error all day long

Nakamba for all his faults gets in players faces. He gets all over the pitch and makes it difficult for the opposition.  Our midfield today just sat off. 

• Like 2

Don't know if it's for the DS thread but I can't beleive how much space we gave them between our back line and the mid three, Aguero and Jesus was given all the space and time in the world over and over again, when having three in the middle I can't belevie we didn't play one as a holding mf. 

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

What I would like to ask is, if Terry is the defensive coach, together with having Smith and O'Kelly who also played defence, how can we so bad defensively? We are atrocious! We gifted goals today for the umpteenth time this season. 

Is it time to bring in some new backroom staff maybe? 

The problem is midfield.

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Yeah that’s my concern.

Incredibly half arsed performance.

City or not, injuries or not, irrelevant game or not, there still has to be a minimum level of performance and this was nowhere near it, again.

You were the voice of reason earlier in the season Tel, looking rough now because of the performance levels, eh? We were borderline 'good enough' with our best eleven available, but now half the team is missing we just aren't. Would love to be wrong, but not sure the window can save us. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nakamba for all his faults gets in players faces. He gets all over the pitch and makes it difficult for the opposition.  Our midfield today just sat off. 

No idea how Conner starts in a game like this , he can't win the ball , he can't run with the ball and he certainly isn't going to effect a game like this with his passing.

Listening to his interview its the same ''we spoke about ''' crap we seem to speak alot about the issue's  but not alot changes.

Just now, Eastie said:

Think he’s too soft ,  need someone will that bit of steel like Pearson has to shake people up - I don’t think dean possesses the nasty hard streak in him . 

I’m starting to question him. We’re very obviously soft, in every aspect. Nobody from midfield to the front seem to want to get stuck in, to make the tactical foul high up the pitch that, for example, Fernandinho would do. Nobody prepared to body check an attacker like Fernandinho did to Grealish. We’re completely soft from back to front, every goal City scored today hardly met a challenge. Walked them in. Miles away from good enough. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Don't know if it's for the DS thread but I can't beleive how much space we gave them between our back line and the mid three, Aguero and Jesus was given all the space and time in the world over and over again, when having three in the middle I can't belevie we didn't play one as a holding mf. 

We have all season which is why we are the team which has conceded the most shots in the League and we are in the bottom three.

Disappointed with his selection today; Really treacherous selection and some hazard to drop for make way for Elmo and Drinkwater, Houriance - big mistake as they not ideal for against man city.

Fred Guilbert and Trézéguet, Marvellous are ideal for this game, and they should to playing as starter today. Smith big changing is cause weak and not combat against man city.

Guilbert will help push forward and give more wide to threat with his running rather sit and defend, and Elmo not great at defend compare to Fred, but his crossing and killer pass from deep are better that fred, which i can understand this, danger move by smith  it is make man city more favour position to push us to deep and play their strength which lead all their goal which smith pay the price for try this way.

Trézéguet will help push to forward use pace to closed down and bring ball to close to their goal it is will promit give man city to start build up deep to buy us to time to arrange, and will threat them.

his head down and running blind alley to carry ball forward will give us chance to create opportunite, he did this and win us the penalty. Why this happen and smith allowed houriance to play and will cause slow and not quick to move forward that why man city is fit and fast, athletic to close us down easy. it is below my understandable and Smith not see this - it is common sense and know man city famous style for, even same way as barc and man city what pepe to do.

Only I can understand reason he, Connor is played cos set piece how we can get set piece again, Dean should know how likely will happen that Grealish Isolate in forward when he ideal for deep role (centre midfield) to better space for dribbling and vision (and optional) to passing team-mate, keep ball or behind striker | inside forward when no else can play like him (maybe O'hare or Ramsey yet they are lack experience for man city etc but other club maybe like norwich etc) This was Dean's Fault he is should know this big time, as way he bring win was play deep so best let Archer or youth striker to chance until buy or loan reinforcement striker allowed Grealish and El Ghazi | Trézéguet play their strength.

Marvellous + Luis is ideal for man city games if we want sit deep, Luis can play further to close them up the field and make impact threat - at moment Luis is poor games for us for several games and cost the games. Dean fault again to play Drinkwater when not ideal to debut (Brighton - yes but not man city) and Drinkwater screw the plan to stay draw or defend like leicester. So Smith screw this plan and rip the blueprint for lost and throw away to got point to survival and keep (Stay) in the premiership.

Last one is he priority Drinkwater and Barry, Reina (soon) when we urgently need striker regard other position over these sign or it is Suso fault? would give us better odd to chance for win the games vs leicester and possible shock win over man city in final if we go thought to there. it is black mark to draw his head which make fan want get him sack.

but my rant on him is over now as man city is history now.. roll to next game; brighton and i don't want him sack as he will learn the mistake and he change 433 to 343 which great move but change to 352 it is not work when 343 is work for us when Trézéguet come and we play as 343 and it is work! it is proof that he are capacity to change for win which not same old manager we has as i don't want change manager every 1 or 2 season give him 5 season and will see big result and improve over previously manager as it is wont work like this if we keep sack manager every 1 or 2 seasons yet good thing about this short term change manager will work like magic to stay up or not like shearer in newcastle.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

I can’t agree we saw our players playing at their maximum today. Far from it.

Honestly it looked like the same amount of effort they gave during the Fulham game.  No tackles, barely any physical play. Just looked like they were trying to stay healthy.  Makes for horrible viewing but I get it. 

Just now, Nabby said:

No idea how Conner starts in a game like this , he can't win the ball , he can't run with the ball and he certainly isn't going to effect a game like this with his passing.

Listening to his interview its the same ''we spoke about ''' crap we seem to speak alot about the issue's  but not alot changes.

I totally agree.  But if it was up to 80% of the fans on here they would have dropped Nakamba and started Hourihane and/or Drinkwater too.  So maybe it was the obvious change to make.  I personally would have played the exact same team and shape that we did against Leicester.  We probably still would have got spanked but I reckon it would have been more respectful.  

Â