Dean Smith

Demitri_C

18 minutes ago, tinker said:

On reflection we have  3 points from 3 relegation rivals, is it that bad? 

Considering we probably should've had 1 point from that haul and have failed to get much points from the more difficult teams, yeah it is.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

37 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Read before he joined Leeds that he spoke with Swansea shortly after they got relegated. Knew a tonne about all their players. Who he wanted in, who had to go. They were a bit freaked out and didn't contact him thereafter.

Thought he was some sort of stalker, did they? You're having a bubble. 

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I've calmed down, gathered my thoughts a bit and I don't want him sacked just yet either. He has to be more ballsy with making early changes though. And if Wes continues to play full 90s every game then I'll change my mind quickly.

You may aswell change it now then, cause Smith ain't gonna.

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Obviously we all want better than we are seeing but I think our squad is being severely tested, and it's coming up short - mostly because we had no squad at the start of the summer window. They need to sort it out, Smith too, and definitely with some signings, but sacking DS at this point? I don't feel it, at all. 

Don't think any one wants it or feels it. If we were loosing games and we could see some progress fight and shape, it wouldn't be so bad. But something is very wrong. We were never going to see this team rip the league apart, but we expected to be at least competitive with some fight and desire. What we are being served up week in week out is poorly coached team . We need to make the change now before its to late .

14 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I've calmed down, gathered my thoughts a bit and I don't want him sacked just yet either. He has to be more ballsy with making early changes though. And if Wes continues to play full 90s every game then I'll change my mind quickly.

Sad thing is today, it was actually refreshing to see he had changed the system. I thought it would work, we were doing ok for a while then just capitulated.

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

We’ve got a team of Championship players, they don’t fight and they aren’t good enough for the Premier League.

We need quality, and other than Grealish we have absolutely none. We also need a manager who sets up a team with some kind of purpose and plan to take on the teams we are playing. Currently we have plan A and nothing else.

These players don’t have the quality to do anything other than a well rehearsed Plan A. Look at those players. They are all scared and lacking confidence. None of them could take the game by the scruff of the neck. 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sad thing is today, it was actually refreshing to see he had changed the system. I thought it would work, we were doing ok for a while then just capitulated.

he changes the midfield  most games hasn't got a clue - other than pass the ball to Jack and see what happens 

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hourihane only seems to work from the bench. Jota is a player I really want to do well but has Championship all over him. Luíz, another, not really sure what he does well? 

Just now, Genie said:

Hourihane only seems to work from the bench. Jota is a player I really want to do well but has Championship all over him. Luíz, another, not really sure what he does well? 

The Hourihane myth is indeed real. Alot of people still fall for the cycle though.

• Like 1

the team as it is currently is going down.......

if the owners are serious, something has to give

in the history of the Premier League there are very few clubs in the bottom half dozen who have the same manager come the end of the season

there is no room for sentiment

the writing is on the wall and its just a matter of time....

i think, lose to Burnley and its good night Vienna !!!!

• Like 1

Listening to WM commentary they said as soon as they had a man sent off "he needs to bring on Kodjia right now and go two up top" 

We were a goal behind against 10 men, it was the obvious thing to do. They were very suprised he didn't do it straight away (they had been expecting it around that time ANYWAY even before the sending off) . 

Then they scored a second and both repeated that he just HAD to go two up top. 

Once again he didn't and only did once we were 3 down, dead and buried and players given up.

It just makes zero sense why he wouldn't do it.  We've had the same before when narrowly losing but by failing to change we've gone on to lose.  Its inexcusable in my opinion. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The Hourihane myth is indeed real. Alot of people still fall for the cycle though.

He averages a goal every 200 something minutes and contributes jackshit outside of it. Its a very good goal return for a CM so when he does score, we always feel like he should play. When he doesn't score, his deficiencies are plenty to see. Thing is with that kind of average he pretty much scores every 1 in 4 appearances for us, so we get 1 game lauding him, another 2-3 games of realizing that he's shit again before he ineivitably scores in the next one for the cycle to restart.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Listening to WM commentary they said as soon as they had a man sent off "he needs to bring on Kodjia right now and go two up top" 

We were a goal behind against 10 men, it was the obvious thing to do. They were very suprised he didn't do it straight away (they had been expecting it around that time ANYWAY before the sending off. 

Then they scored a second and both repeated that he just HAD to go two up top. 

Once again he didn't and only did once we were 3 down, dead and buried and players given up.

It just makes zero sense why he wouldn't do it.  We've had the same before when narrowly losing but by failing to change we've gone on to lose.  Its inexcusable in my opinion. 

It was like this in September. 2-1 up at Arsenal who were also down to 10. You stick on another midfielder to sit on Guendozhi who was causing issues. We didn't and lost.

He's not learning I'm afraid.

Why is our best player by a trillion miles being moved around to accommodate shite?

We're going to lose Grealish if we go down are probably not getting a player this good for another 10-15 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

I’m fortunate to have been around in the days of Saunders , Taylor as well as villa men like little and smith - honestly I couldn’t care less who our manager supports - it’s about results and performances for me 

Yes it doesn’t matter one bit. A manager is judged on results nothing else. 

Â