Dean Smith

Demitri_C

46 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If i were in coma in Lambert's last season and woke up today watching that game i would have thought Lambert was still in charge.

1 shot on goal after Watford went down to 10 men. Truly embarrassing stuff.

It was Remi Garde stuff today never mind Lambert.

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

He is two wingers short of having better results. However he has to play with two defensive midfielders. We aren’t good enough for 4-3-3 atm. 

The defensive midfielders nakamba and luiz don’t cut it at this level either 

Let's not forget we are currently down 3 clear first team players (Mings, Engels & mcginn), that's 25% ish of the team. (Soon to add targett to that list also).

Any team would miss 3 first team players, us more than most due to the threadbare nature of our squad.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Let's not forget we are currently down 3 clear first team players (Mings, Engels & mcginn), that's 25% ish of the team. (Soon to add targett to that list also).

Any team would miss 3 first team players, us more than most due to the threadbare nature of our squad.

We were conceding shedloads with mings and Engels too . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

The defensive midfielders nakamba and luiz don’t cut it at this level either 

They haven’t suddenly become crap. Nakamba can do a job like he was earlier in the season. Luiz needs to keep it simple. Nakamba needs to up his aggression again. 

Just now, Eastie said:

We were conceding shedloads with mings and Engels too . 

True, but with them we were also at least beating or getting something out of the teams around us, which we aren't doing now.

If you look at our squad, losing a chunk of our spine in those 3 is a big loss.

Where do we start after reading through 4 pages.

Well the truth of it is, Smith has brought Championship football to the Premier League, without a decent striker (we had Tammy ya know). It shows now he has not adjusted to the League at all, playing the same tactics time after time, or reverting to some sort of defensive structure, which didn't work in the fizzy pop League never mind the Prem.

He has certainly run out of ideas (have you heard the post match interview), an I hope the Board are looking to replace him as we speak, I guess he will have the Burnley game, but if we don't show any commitment there there, I think the writings on the wall

As for those who are happy to go back to the Championship with him, are you mad!! This is surely based on sentiment, cause it won't do our club any good at all financially. It's okay a few of you agreeing with that Brentford fan, but no disrespect to him, Brentford haven't the ambition of AVFC who are now owned by Billionaires, sounded a bit small time to be fair.

We are building nothing here with Smith, we have regressed, 3-0 today against a 10 man Watford, (Wolves showed us how it's done against 10 champions last night), is unforgivable, an to blame the players commitment after was mind boggling, since he manages them. Even had a little dig at Grealish, for the first goal, which wasn't a great comment to make in public.

The players can't be feeling the love at the moment with his post match interview and I very much doubt from this, he is not going to turn it around, just like the when Lambert started to blame the players. There's certainly something going on behind close doors, an I think now it's gone a little to far for him to carry on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

One of our own means nothing in the cold light of day - no room for sentiment 

I understand where you’re coming from, but I don’t agree. It means something to me. The whole ‘managed by a Villa fan, captained by a Villa fan’ thing is special imo and it adds to the bond between the team and fans. 

That’s not the reason I’d keep him though, I think he’s a good manager who will turn things around if given a bit more time and a couple of good players in the window. 

38 minutes ago, Spoony said:

That’s mental. If he’s responsible for us being poor he is equally responsible for getting us promoted.

I wouldn’t drag last season’s achievements through the mud. I think this was a step too far for him but what he did last season will always be a fond memory. It’s the happiest I’ve ever been as a Villa fan. 

Just now, wazzap24 said:

I understand where you’re coming from, but I don’t agree. It means something to me. The whole ‘managed by a Villa fan, captained by a Villa fan’ thing is special imo and it adds to the bond between the team and fans. 

That’s not the reason I’d keep him though, I think he’s a good manager who will turn things around if given a bit more time and a couple of good players in the window. 

I’m fortunate to have been around in the days of Saunders , Taylor as well as villa men like little and smith - honestly I couldn’t care less who our manager supports - it’s about results and performances for me 

• Like 2

Everything seems painful at the moment. We have had a tough old month. Things can turn around quickly though. We need a change of fortune and quick. It was always going to be a difficult season but things are not as bad as they seem. We have shown that we are very capable at this level. We can get back there again.

Just now, M_Afro said:

Everything seems painful at the moment. We have had a tough old month. Things can turn around quickly though. We need a change of fortune and quick. It was always going to be a difficult season but things are not as bad as they seem. We have shown that we are very capable at this level. We can get back there again.

We've just played three shite teams on the bonce and could only manage 3 points, hardly been a tough month and not clear how we turn it around when we are playing so poorly against shite who are in the mix to go down.

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

We've just played three shite teams on the bonce and could only manage 3 points, hardly been a tough month and not clear how we turn it around when we are playing so poorly against shite who are in the mix to go down.

We are in our poor run of form with some key injuries. We have also met the three shite teams at a time when they are all enjoying a purple patch! It is unfortunate but we have to turn it around quickly.

Â