Dean Smith

Demitri_C

I think the owners expected us to go down with a fight if we were going to get relegated.

Currently we are the only team in the league putting up zero fight.

If Smith can’t get it out of them we need to look at bringing someone in who can. We still have half a season and a transfer window to turn this around.

1 minute ago, tinker said:

No but watch out for a raiding party on your squad , have you a decent DM , winger and or a striker ? 

Yep, all 3 thanks!!

Take it you don't agree with villalad21 then:

"I wouldn't trust Smith with a single dollar.
he'd just buy more brentford shit".

It took us three years to get back up so we can’t just say stick with Smith and even if we get relegated we will come back stronger.  

We need do whatever it takes to stay in this division. I don’t think many of the purchase in the summer have been good enough. We need more quality in the squad. We relied so much on Mings, McGinn and Grealish and two of them out we’ve look a poor team. 

Whatever we do regarding smith this transfer window is critical 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

It took us three years to get back up so we can’t just say stick with Smith and even if we get relegated we will come back stronger.  

We need do whatever it takes to stay in this division. I don’t think many of the purchase in the summer have been good enough. We need more quality in the squad. We relied so much on Mings, McGinn and Grealish and two of them out we’ve look a poor team. 

Let's be honest.

We got promoted because of Jack.

Smith didn't do any tactical changes or formation change during that winning run.

Jack came back into the team and made the difference. Galvanized us. It's really that simple.

3 minutes ago, Badgerbee said:

Yep, all 3 thanks!!

Take it you don't agree with villalad21 then:

"I wouldn't trust Smith with a single dollar.
he'd just buy more brentford shit".

No , he's our resident " bring out your dead " type poster . If we stick with Smith and I want to he needs players he can trust and I'm guessing you may have a few ......

1 minute ago, tinker said:

No , he's our resident " bring out your dead " type poster . If we stick with Smith and I want to he needs players he can trust and I'm guessing you may have a few ......

Ah, OK.

Plenty of good quality down at GP at the moment....

Can't guarantee they'll be as good value for money as Hogan, Konsa and Jota though.....

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Let's be honest.

Smith didn't do any tactical changes or formation change during that winning run.

Jack came back into the team and made the difference. Galvanized us. It's really that simple.

Also had the best striker in the league along with Mings, tuanzebe and mcginn. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Let's be honest.

Sure 😉

Suppose that was Bruce plan along as well as all you needed was Jack in the Championship 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Let's be honest.

That’s mental. If he’s responsible for us being poor he is equally responsible for getting us promoted.

I wouldn’t drag last season’s achievements through the mud. I think this was a step too far for him but what he did last season will always be a fond memory. It’s the happiest I’ve ever been as a Villa fan. 

17 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I agree, we need to do whatever it takes and then some to stay up. If we go down, we'll stay there for a long time.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sure 😉

Suppose that was Bruce plan along as well as all you needed was Jack in the Championship 

The Bruce cycle was over. It had run it's course. There were no more chapters to be written It ended after the Play off final.

We were atrocious before Jack returned. You think that's a coincidence?

2 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Also had the best striker in the league along with Mings, tuanzebe and mcginn. 

Other Managers both for us and other sides had good players and didn’t get promoted.

We didn’t get promoted in spite of Smith, he engineered it.

Primarily through creating a fantastic team spirit and playing some decent, controlled, football when going forward, and being resilient defensively.

Those three things got us up. They are currently completely absent. He needs to correct that.

Ive no sentiment towards Smith. I would far rather we keep him whether we go down or not but only if he sorts those things out.

Ive not concerned myself with Results....we need a point a game to stay up and that can still happen. But performances in the last month have been very poor. That can happen. We always were a vulnerable side having come up through the play offs. I expected no more than to perform well generally, and get results against bottom half sides. 

For the most part we’ve done both. We are currently doing neither. 

I don’t buy the idea the players are the problem. They weren’t under Bruce, it was the coaching, and they aren’t now, it’s the coaching. When their time is up here they will do what most slagged off Villa players do, and do ok elsewhere. The blend isn’t there though. 

The coaching, motivation, tactics, and strategy are currently failing. They failed before,,this time last year, and we ended up going on a record breaking run. Over to you Deano. You probably don’t have all that long to get it working. 

• Like 1

He’s still the man for me. 

He needs good backing in Jan and time to turn things around. 

We are 1 point from safety and 6 points off 12th. Things can change quickly and it’s not like we are cut adrift. 

Last few weeks have been poor and I understand the concern, but I think if we can get a couple of quality additions in, things will improve in the new year. 

We need to have a bit of faith, we’ve chopped and changed too many times in recent years with little success (until Smith). He’s a good coach, one of our own and surrounded by capable people - it’s a tough time at the moment, but he’s got it in him to pull us through it. 

1 minute ago, wazzap24 said:

He’s still the man for me. 

He needs good backing in Jan and time to turn things around. 

We are 1 point from safety and 6 points off 12th. Things can change quickly and it’s not like we are cut adrift. 

Last few weeks have been poor and I understand the concern, but I think if we can get a couple of quality additions in, things will improve in the new year. 

We need to have a bit of faith, we’ve chopped and changed too many times in recent years with little success (until Smith). He’s a good coach, one of our own and surrounded by capable people - it’s a tough time at the moment, but he’s got it in him to pull us through it. 

One of our own means nothing in the cold light of day - no room for sentiment 

• Like 1

Â