Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

God some of you on here are so embarassing listen to yourselves and think where you were just a year ago and even getting tanked by the likes of us.If you hound a decent manager like Dean out of your club in such a short time I suggest you look towards the where the likes of Stoke or Forrest have ended up.There are plenty of Big clubs stuck in the lower leagues these days and all have been guilty of forever changing managers and ending up skint.If the worse came to the worse and you went down Dean could get you back up and stronger like Sean D at Burnley.FFS Big Sam 

This is true mate but the vibes coming from Smith are not ones of we will turn it around. That’s the worrying part. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

God some of you on here are so embarassing listen to yourselves and think where you were just a year ago and even getting tanked by the likes of us.If you hound a decent manager like Dean out of your club in such a short time I suggest you look towards the where the likes of Stoke or Forrest have ended up.There are plenty of Big clubs stuck in the lower leagues these days and all have been guilty of forever changing managers and ending up skint.If the worse came to the worse and you went down Dean could get you back up and stronger like Sean D at Burnley.FFS Big Sam 

you only change managers when they are not good enough......you keep them when they are good, its not rocket science....Dean can't get us to defend, does that surprise you, with what you know?

Yeah....Like Liverpool changed Rodgers for Klopp....look where thats got them?....I prefer to look at them.

Ambitious clubs do things like that.

Dean maybe a fine man.....but you have to be decisive and hard nosed in football....its not a personality contest.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

Someone need to buy them to take them off of our hands. If not we still need to pay them till contract runs out...like Micah .. 

Isn't it the same with managers? Don't we still have to pay the money Smith is due from his 4 year contract if we sack him?

I don't think they will sack him. In a strange way, I actually think we got promoted too early but that's a different debate for another day. I think we should stick by him even though I'm close to saying he should go.

I don't see any available managers out there who could come in and improve us with a long term plan in mind.

If we do go down I'd fancy Smith to bring us straight back up. My biggest concern is that we would lose Grealish and that will be the most devastating thing to happen. 

Edited by PieFacE

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Isn't it the same with managers? Don't we still have to pay the money Smith is due from his 4 year contract if we sack him?

Yes we do have to pay Smith , but its one guy & am sure on much lower wage than players .. not much transfer fee to write off too for managers .. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

There's this pattern of tons of Anti-Smith posts then there's this one pro-Smith post lambasting the fans for going against him that gets tons of likes before the cycle repeats itself.

I like the guy  - But i like Aston Villa FC more.

His out of his depth  and floundering . Were in serious trouble and need to make a change. NOW

The long term strategy crap i wont take  we need to stay in the league.... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I don't see any available managers out there who could come in and improve us with a long term plan in mind.

I think managers are like anything and there is a ladder and pecking order. Just because we can’t get a top tier manager shouldn’t mean we can’t upgrade on what we have. Same with players.

We could take a new manager who gets us out of trouble and into that top half then look at a better manager, and players to push us on again etc

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I don't think they will sack him. In a strange way, I actually think we got promoted too early but that's a different debate for another day. I think we should stick by him even though I'm close to saying he should go.

If we do go down I'd fancy Smith to bring us straight back up. My biggest concern is that we would lose Grealish and that will be the most devastating thing to happen. 

There are a few top managers out of a job at the moment.

However I would like to think deano speaks with his villa mates and they be truthful with him. We l need advise from time to time.

Deano needs his to be honest and open so he can reflect and try to work out a way out of the shambles hes not stopped.

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I don't see why available managers out there who could come in and improve us with a long term plan in mind.

For me...its not just the results or performances....its the play i watch every home game and the issues i see game in game out all going unchecked.....There is smell, there i don't like.i don't know what it is, but i have seen it before, with other managers, whether its a lack of  authority or discipline I'm not sure, but basic things don't improve win or lose.

Its all very well, talking about the long term...but we can't get the medium term right.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

We’d lose Grealish , mcginn and mings if relegated - I wouldn’t back smith to get us back up from what I’ve seen of his transfer dealings .

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

you only change managers when they are not good enough......you keep them when they are good, its not rocket science....Dean can't get us to defend, does that surprise you, with what you know?

Yeah....Like Liverpool changed Rodgers for Klopp....look where thats got them?....I prefer to look at them.

Ambitious clubs do things like that.

Dean maybe a fine man.....but you have to be decisive and hard nosed in football....its not a personality contest.

This.  I will be very sad if DS goes but I will be devastated if we get relegated again and staying in the PL is the greatest priority. I fear he has lost the dressing room. Whenever a manager starts talking about his team lacking commitment, you have to question why he hasn’t instilled it? 

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

For me...its not just the results or performances....its the play i watch every home game and the issues i see game in game out all going unchecked.....There is smell, there i don't like.i don't know what it is, but i have seen it before, with other managers, whether its authority of discipline I'm not sure, but basic things don't improve win or lose.

Its all very well, talking about the long term...but we can't get the medium term right.

I thought we’d struggle at first but improve as the team gelled together - it’s gone in reverse though and we’ve got worse as the season has gone on . 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

He has failed and he knows it. Admitting that he is unable to motivate the players is the same as saying ' I don't know what to do'. Its his job to know what to do, he's the manager, remember....

1 minute ago, MikeMcKenna said:

This.  I will be very sad if DS goes but I will be devastated if we get relegated again and staying in the PL is the greatest priority. I fear he has lost the dressing room. Whenever a manager starts talking about his team lacking commitment, you have to question why? 

I fear you are on to something Mike.

If he has said that and I admire him for his honesty, because we can all see it......there is usually only one out come.

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

I thought we’d struggle at first but improve as the team gelled together - it’s gone in reverse though and we’ve got worse as the season has gone on . 

I accept losing key players knocks you down.....but there is no fight in the rest of them.

If we want to be pedantic.....our best player was missing against the best team around and we made a good account of ourselves.

how can you go from that, to this?

something stinks.

• Like 1

Dean, the second goal Was a foul by Luiz because you simply cannot do that and expect not to give a foul. That is your fault for pursuing with playing him there when he simply does not have a defensive bone in his body. 

The third goal was a foul on Jack. But, why was Jack on the right wing when he's supposed to be playing left side? Because, he's the only player wanting the ball. Take the Captaincy off him, get him playing in HIS role behind the striker and give the armband to either Mings or Heaton. 

And, play Kodjia, either up front or wide left. 

Edited by Villarocker
  • Sad 1

Â