Dean Smith

Demitri_C

54 minutes ago, Genie said:

What’s the long term vision? Stick with Smith, we go down. “Maybe” he gets us back up, then what?

Back down again.  The club could make a fortune in the long run winning the playoff final every 2 years

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I don't know why we don't put in a cheeky bid to try & get Eddie Howe from Bournemouth. Not only would it be the right kid of guy but it would likely relegate Bournemouth too thus giving us a glimmer of surviving

Eddie Howe would be great for us I think. In the past he has been very loyal to the Bournemouth project, but it would be worth a try. Shankley said you can only make the same speeches so many times before either the players or you have to go. So perhaps he could be persuaded to take on a new project with much bigger potential than his current one, no disrespect to Bournemouth. Of course a wage rise and a big war chest never does any harm either. 

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Norwich are currently outplaying Spurs, not sure what that indicates since we got the 3 points.

If we stay up on goal difference, that would be a success. As it stands we're a point off that goal with half the season still to be played. It's not time to panic just yet.

I'd actually be more reassured if we were playing Norwich's football with our players. That's the right way to play. We're not playing any sort of football here. I just fail to see the long term project, nothing is being put in place to get us to where we want to be, including our style of play.

• Like 4

Smith has deserved time after what he achieved last season but until he can set up a team not to be a soft touch as a defensive unit questions have to be asked.

Hourihane in midfield, away against a tough opponent will never end well. Add to that Jota & Lansbury and it’s too weak. All 3 have certain qualities but to start all 3 together was a mistake. Not easy as we don’t know the fitness condition of the rest of the squad. But we have been a soft touch all season defensively and our midfield set up is an issue.

Hopefully Mings returns soon as early January signings are unlikely, as the market doesn’t really develop until last few days of the window and that could be too late for Smith.

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

First time of struggling ? We’ve lost 7 of our last 10 games - enough is enough 

Put a bit of context who we were playing for most of them....Liverpool, Leicester, Man City blah blah blah.....It’s against the teams outside the big six that we should judge whether we are struggling.  The last three games shows we are and were lucky to pick up 3 points.

• Like 1

I honestly think there's less of a chance we would get Eddie Howe then Pochetino or Benitez. No chance in hell he moves here mid-season when Bournemouth are higher in the league than us and we're relegation certs, no matter how much money we throw towards him. This is even before we talk about the loyalty he must feel towards the club.

I honestly think there's less of a chance we would get Eddie Howe then Pochetino or Benitez. No chance in hell he moves here mid-season when Bournemouth are higher in the league than us and we're relegation certs, no matter how much money we throw towards him. This is even before we talk about the loyalty he must feel towards the club.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'd actually be more reassured if we were playing Norwich's football with our players. That's the right way to play. We're not playing any sort of football here. I just fail to see the long term project, nothing is being put in place to get us to where we want to be, including our style of play.

I would be more reassured if we was playing like Sheff Utd.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Eddie Howe would be great for us I think. In the past he has been very loyal to the Bournemouth project, but it would be worth a try. Shankley said you can only make the same speeches so many times before either the players or you have to go. So perhaps he could be persuaded to take on a new project with much bigger potential than his current one, no disrespect to Bournemouth. Of course a wage rise and a big war chest never does any harm either. 

I think Eddie Howe is his generation Alan Curbishley, has done well at Bournemouth but I think thats his ceiling. I also think what happened at Burnley has put off clubs taking a chance with him

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I think Eddie Howe is his generation Alan Curbishley, has done well at Bournemouth but I think thats his ceiling. I also think what happened at Burnley has put off clubs taking a chance with him

I agree, doesn’t stand out as somebody I’d want to go after.

18 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

I do agree, the problem is also Smith doesn’t know his best team. Hourihane should never of started today but because he scored 2 days a go Smith felt compelled to start him, but he’s not the sort of player who will dig in away from home in a tight game. Jota and Lansbury aren’t you to premier level. Why wasn’t Engles in the squad he’s probably been the most consistent CB, this is where I feel Smith is failing, he either doesn’t change the players or system or he does it at the wrong time and no in between 

CH should have played, as a roaming forward midfielder like jack. That's where he does what he does. Anywhere else is very much miss and a bit of hit.

But having the most passive team in the league is what is undoing us every week.

When did elmo last make an actual tackle ? Louiz ? Jack ? Konsa ? Wes ? CH ? JOTA ? lansbury ? 

It's like a dirty word at the club

Hause can tackle and head, fred can tackle and head and that's about it. Genuinely struggling to find anyone else in our 1st team who does both regularly.

Most teams have at least 1 midfielder and 3 defenders who do plus a forward who will.

We are a team of cowards at the moment, not something I would have thought terry would be happy with 

• Like 2

The premiership is getting tougher each year. All teams get about 170M to burn & Watford was there few seasons & also finish 11th last season , so we have to be realistic it’s always gonna be a struggle.if we start to see good modern style of play / good slick passing triangle passing / emphasis on technique skills when signing players / not playing 90s football just give ball to your star player let him do magic ,  than we should give him a chance .. but sadly I have not seen any of these at the mo..

“They were more committed than us” FFS it’s your job to motivate the players you tool!

We haven’t looked like we have any fight in us for months, why is that? 

Just now, jim said:

“They were more committed than us” FFS it’s your job to motivate the players you tool!

We haven’t looked like we have any fight in us for months, why is that? 

Surprised he openly said that.

Could cause outrage by the fans.

Â