Dean Smith

Demitri_C

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is good atwhat he does but puts clubs backwards 5 years. We would be in better shape long term going down with Smith than having Allardyce keep us up for 6 months

Sorry - don't really understand - he keeps club in deep shi** in the division Proven track record!!!!!!  pretty good strategy for me that!

Everton  - were in trouble they survived stabilised then they sacked him

Crystal palace

Sunderland

Blackburn

His not a long term solution but could keep us up this year.

21 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Eddie Howe would be great for us I think. In the past he has been very loyal to the Bournemouth project, but it would be worth a try. Shankley said you can only make the same speeches so many times before either the players or you have to go. So perhaps he could be persuaded to take on a new project with much bigger potential than his current one, no disrespect to Bournemouth. Of course a wage rise and a big war chest never does any harm either. 

Have thought this for a while. Use us a stepping stone to his Top 6 role. 

2 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Needs time and more transfer windows.

Who do we blame for signing Trezeguet and Wesley?

I don’t believe Dean Smith has a big say in recruitment. Which for me brings more worries. I don’t believe the blame falls on any one individual’s shoulders, although I know how it works and it will probably end with DS losing his job.

I can’t believe many people believe our recruitment policy has worked. Some of the signings have been poor players in my opinion but I think on the whole we have signed for future potential. There’s nothing wrong with that, but the PL won’t wait for them to get up to speed. We needed to sign more players that could hit the ground running which would mean that we would be a better team in the short term  and would have helped to stabilise and improve the younger players in the squad. 

I think it may be beyond Dean to turn us around now, but we must look at the failures elsewhere as well or we will just end up making the same mistakes. 

6 minutes ago, jim said:

“They were more committed than us” FFS it’s your job to motivate the players you tool!

We haven’t looked like we have any fight in us for months, why is that? 

The emperor has no clothes 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Sorry - don't really understand - he keeps club in deep shi** in the division Proven track record!!!!!!  pretty good strategy for me that!

Everton  - were in trouble they survived stabilised then they sacked him

Crystal palace

Sunderland

Blackburn

His not a long term solution but could keep us up this year.

yeah but he will want his players on big long term deals then the next manager will want to evolve the players and we are stuck with a bunch more Micah Richards or Habib Beye. He had one window at Everton spunked 50 million on Walcott and Tosun. Both are still there and are on huge wages

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

When the head coach openly admits Watford were more committed you know something has to happen.

based on that...huge questions will be asked

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

yeah but he will want his players on big long term deals then the next manager will want to evolve the players and we are stuck with a bunch more Micah Richards or Habib Beye. He had one window at Everton spunked 50 million on Walcott and Tosun. Both are still there and are on huge wages

then that's what has to be managed . Sporting director ?

6 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I mean, pretty sure we could. We just can't replace them until the transfer windows open.

Someone need to buy them to take them off of our hands. If not we still need to pay them till contract runs out...like Micah .. 

Just now, villalad21 said:

A lot more people should have listened to you TRO.

You called this months ago. Huge respect.

Thanks for that.....but I will be disappointed if he goes, I really felt he had a handle on it last season.....but the physicality of this season has left him wanting amongst other things

That moment for me was the mings/El Ghazi incident.....thats when he failed to stamp his authority.....thats when my doubts crept in, maybe the players felt the same.

They say a team mirrors their manager......he is too passive for me, not a deliberate man....but we will see what happens.

• Thanks 1

There will be talks held tomorrow and monday for sure.

Hopefully with deano saying what players he wants and why, those players not fitting the rigid formula and them being his choice.

I really REALY want him to succeed but there needs to be a mix of his players and the rest players.

We cant be this passive under 13's strength team we are at the moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

God some of you on here are so embarassing listen to yourselves and think where you were just a year ago and even getting tanked by the likes of us.If you hound a decent manager like Dean out of your club in such a short time I suggest you look towards the where the likes of Stoke or Forrest have ended up.There are plenty of Big clubs stuck in the lower leagues these days and all have been guilty of forever changing managers and ending up skint.If the worse came to the worse and you went down Dean could get you back up and stronger like Sean D at Burnley.FFS Big Sam 

Have you actually SEEN us play recently? It's just as much about the performances as the results. It's no use being a "good manager" if we go into games utterly clueless and get outplayed over and over again.

• Like 2

Â