Dean Smith

Demitri_C

If you think Smith sits safe if he doesn't start picking up results you are lost of reality.

It's on the players but also on the coaching staff to set a winning mentality into the players. That's why Klopp and Pep are so successful.

Edited by villalad21
  • Confused 1

In game again.

Start of second half Dyche puts on our friend Rodriguez and changes teams's shape to a 4-3-3 to match us. Burnley then start getting corners and pushing up the pitch and eventually leads to the 1-1.

Subs he could've made, Davis on for Wes much earlier to try to hold ball up better in second. Trez on for fresher legs in counter attack. Even Jota but probably not his sort of game.

It seems an oddity our conditioning to last 90 minutes is one of worst in prem and yet we're one of the slowest to make changes in opening twenty minutes in second half, particularly when we're struggling in periods.

Curious way to approach top level management anyway.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If you think Smith sits safe if he doesn't start picking up results you are lost of reality.

Honestly, I think it's the opposite - no matter how many leads we chuck away and how many points we drop I think Smith will be here (rightly or wrongly) for a while yet.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, penguin said:

It’s quite alarming how much poorer we are in the second half of games. Going to be struggling for survival at this rate.

Genuinely dont think he trusts some of the players especially in attack 

Dean Smith is not telling the team to stand off and drop 20 yards deeper when we score I tell you that.

The second Burnley got the ball after we scored our second I said we are in trouble here. It was shambolic. There was not a man willing to press a man. Conor the usual suspect inviting it.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It's on the players but also on the coaching staff to set a winning mentality into the players. That's why Klopp and Pep are so successful.

I'll listen to that when we next see Pep or Klopp starting a prem season having finished 5th in the championship the previous season. 

• Confused 1

I think this result was entirely on him not changing things.

We were shit for the vast majority of the second half, and he just stood there and thought "yeah, nothing I can do to change this"?

Again. His game management appears to be lacking, and it's cost us again. 

If games finished at half-time we'd have 9 extra points than we have now - almost triple what we currently have.

After only 7 games that's pretty **** pathetic and in-game management by Smith is atrocious.

Edited by Mantis

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Honestly, I think it's the opposite - no matter how many leads we chuck away and how many points we drop I think Smith will be here (rightly or wrongly) for a while yet.

He needs to win one of our next two pretty badly. If not then it's very likely we won't win again until late November. Can't see owners being impressed with that considering we've had a relatively kind start with the fixture list compared to many other teams e.g. Norwich played Liverpool and Man. City already.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Genuinely dont think he trusts some of the players especially in attack 

Or he does trust then to take the gane all the way and win it, which is why he doesnt subs as early as some think he should.

I for one am glad he has the guts to stick to his guns.

If it isn't working, even making changes there's no guarantee that the changes made would aid us, in fact there just as much chance those changes could make it worse.

But you can't win with some fans, they are impatient and want it all now and I see that attitude of its our right to beat teams somehow creeping back in that we as Fans seem to of forgotten about.

Just now, VillaChris said:

He needs to win one of our next two pretty badly. If not then it's very likely we won't win again until late November. Can't see owners being impressed with that considering we've had a relatively kind start with the fixture list compared to many other teams e.g. Norwich played Liverpool and Man. City already.

They'll stick with him I reckon, not least because of that bad patch we went through at the beginning of this year and then ended up winning 10 on the bounce.

3 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

His face is starting to piss me off in the post-match interviews.

Jesus calm down a bit.

I thought he made the right changes to the line up.  I think the Mings-Taylor combo needs to be avoided at all costs even with Targett out.  I'd rather have Mings at left back and bring Konsa in or stick Hause at left back.  One or the other.  Wes is a problem that I'm struggling to see a solution to, even if he does get 1 goal in 3 games it isn't enough to make up for how bad the rest of his play is.  Probably worth picking Davis but that will probably kill off Wes's career with us.

• Like 1

Â